Hello All,

The last few weeks have been fun ones out in the field. On June 10th, I found my first newborn whitetail deer fawn. I'm guessing it was no more than a few days old. Then on June 21st, I discovered my first loon nest while fishing a stretch of the Rideau River. The female was sitting on a single egg, which I imagine has hatched by now, as it was 'pipping' on the 26th.

Here are a few of the best images..

Loon_zps8679c044.jpg

LoonNew1_zpsa169563f.jpg

LoonStretch1_zps5ac52cf7.jpg

Fawn5_zps061e31fa.jpg

Fawn4_zps599ef870.jpg

Fawn3_zps88a3be85.jpg

Heron_zpsf447f94f.jpg

To see more images from these shoots, or for those interested in purchasing photographic prints, please feel free to check out my website:

www.JustinHoffmanOutdoors.com

Happy Shooting,

Justin

Nice shots Justin. I am glad you are using your better judgement and not pushing these animals into unknown peril to get your shots.

That Fawn especially would be an easy meal for any Kaiyotay or even a Fox if they were alerted to its whereabouts. At that stage, hiding motionless or sometimes Momma is their only chance for survival.

As I am sure you are aware, one of the calls Coyote hunters use to lure them into shooting range is a distressed Fawn call. Its amazing the distance they will travel once they hear it. Especially during birthing season.

Cheers,

Mark