4 casts....209 inches....by Gar!

RJackson

Though it's been a little later spring than I'd hoped for we did manage to find that magic window of conditions that we are looking for...

My buddy Grant and I were giggling like school girls when we did the math, two 53's a 52 and a 51 incher. 2 hours fishing, 4 good casts and 209 inches of Gar....all sight fished on new favorite Gar bait. Jackall Cherry 0 footer. Quality hooks right outta the package!

Grants new PB.

grant53-1.jpg

grant51closeup-1.jpg

rj52garmay15-1.jpg

This last one was a pig, it looked like it ate a cormorant. 21 inch girth and the heaviest gar I've ever caught. Tipped the digital scale well over 22 lbs.

rjgarcloseup.jpg

A few more pics of this wild couple hours fishin are here: http://www.rjnbirdeesoutdooradventures.ca/?p=1227

RJ

Edited by RJackson

Those are big gar, wow. I've seen a couple decent ones over 30" this year. Neither even looked at my bait cruising by. One swam under the boat, no fear of man it seemed. Caught a small one at the grand river once off minnow.

Edited by fishsevern

Ok, your photoshop skills are amazing. I'm jealous. Jackall Cherry O, never heard of one or seen one until tonight. Am going out to Bills Bait tomorrow I hope the guys have them.

They look like they would be great for Bass.

Great fish and it looks like a great bait as well. Which one did you use the 48 or 52 or ? While I'm at it what colour as well? Can't hurt asking.

Thanks folks, it's been a weird spring in Eastern Ontario but still managing to find those special windows of good conditions.

Ok, your photoshop skills are amazing. I'm jealous. Jackall Cherry O, never heard of one or seen one until tonight. Am going out to Bills Bait tomorrow I hope the guys have them.

They look like they would be great for Bass.

Great fish and it looks like a great bait as well. Which one did you use the 48 or 52 or ? While I'm at it what colour as well? Can't hurt asking.

No photoshopping needed for these ones! I tied on the Jackall Cherry 0 footer 56 in Tenesee Shad at seasons start and it hasn't come off since.

RJ