May as well go fishin'

Beans

For all the trouble it would take...

Maribeth wanted me out of the house this afternoon as she was hostessing a jewelry party...

After I did all my to do chores (garbage to the dump...p/u prescription at drugstore...do banking...p/u gas for outboard) I grabbed my carpin gear and headed for P'boro stopping at the Kawartha Bakery for a meat pie and a couple of raisin squares for lunch...

Got set-up by 02:00 PM In Ron's favourite swim seeing as he wasn't there and three blokes were fishing in mine...the current was so strong I retied with a 3 oz flat sliding sinker...still not enough weight to fish the current but it swung my offering to a forty-degree angle from where I casted which was not too bad...moved my chair into the shade and waited...not getting too optimistic as I am used to using a spring feeder with my secret ground bait but it would be useless in the strong current...

03:00 PM an eighteen pounder (approx) starts playing my favourite song on my alarm...beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep I quickly jump from my chair,turned off the "free spool" on my baitcaster and the battle was on...trying to net this carp was difficult...it wanted no part of the net...finally I was able to net it after many tries,,,Dummy fish jumped as I was trying to unhook it with my foreceps and broke my line and flipped into the drink...causing another retie...

4:00 PM I had a vicious pull on my line that damn near bounced my rod off the holders and pulled out about a couple of feet of line but no fish to be had...A half hour later I packed up and left...

Like I've said before "if I only catch one carp...I'm a happy camper"... that makes my day ...

Nice to be able to make a fishing report...

those are some great meat pies, it's been a few years for me

do you guys ever fish near the london street dam? I used to live on the river just upstream, some real hog carp cruising in there

I haven't fished there but my friend Ron has I believe...

I used to fish below the power house dam north of the Enverlea bridge back in the late forties and fifties...hooked up with the odd big carp but never landed one ...

Glad you managed to get out and reel something in....but lets face it, you don't need an excuse to get out, Ma would love to have you out of the house any time :tease:

Does anyone want to buy a rotten step-daughter ??? :angry::angry::angry::rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Hey Beans, last week I saw some huge carp swimming around the dock at the trailer park. I tossed in some corn and they were like a dust buster sucking it up. I would really like to try and catch one mostly because of the look I saw on an old lady at the park's face when she saw them. She loves to eat them. I'd like to get one for her. I researched the hair rig technique and it seems pretty simple. Can I use just corn pieces in the hair rig or do I need a bigger bait? I was hoping to be able to rig corn and toss in a hand full around the hook. One more question, do you use a circle hook or some other kind?

Hey Beans, last week I saw some huge carp swimming around the dock at the trailer park. I tossed in some corn and they were like a dust buster sucking it up. I would really like to try and catch one mostly because of the look I saw on an old lady at the park's face when she saw them. She loves to eat them. I'd like to get one for her. I researched the hair rig technique and it seems pretty simple. Can I use just corn pieces in the hair rig or do I need a bigger bait? I was hoping to be able to rig corn and toss in a hand full around the hook. One more question, do you use a circle hook or some other kind?

I sometimes use two or three kernels of corn on my hair rig...mostly I use a tigernut boilie with a single kernel...I use a #4 or #6 hook when I tie my Hair rigs and also use a spring feeder filled with ground bait...a striaghtened out jig makes a good makeshift needle for putting the corn on the hair...I hope you catch a carp...

Ya Beans, keep trying, you've been at it for over 30yrs and no takers...face it...no one out there can afford me :P, you're stuck with me...

besides, my mom likes me.... :P

She has to 'cause she spawned you !!! :rofl2: