favourite styl of fishing????

beagle dad

Topwater for me, and in particular, fishing with buzzbaits. You see the hits, you feel the hits, and a lot of the time you actually see the fish coming before they completely crush it. That's utopia.

I thought you were going to say icefishing :) :)

My favourite technique varies as the year goes on. In a few weeks my favourite tactic will be buzzbaits in the stumps for bass, then fall will come and I may favour tube jigs, or giant spinnerbaits ;)

It's ALL exciting, as long as a line's in the water I'm doing my favourite technique.

Sight fishing to a school of 3 to 6+ lb. Brookies in crystal clear water. Some days you can pick which fish you want to catch, and other days you can't get one of them to commit if your life depended on it. But always such a rush!

Six week long trips... have only seen that once Dan. What a crazy sight to see too.

Hopefully will again sometime. Because you're right, casting to those fish is an awesome experience.

I've seen it plenty of times Drew, but only once in twenty years have I experienced the "pick which fish you want to catch" thing. What a fantastic experience. The frustrating part was when you threw a jig in front of a 6 or 7 lb. fish and a 3 pounder darts out of nowhere and inhales your jig. Pure awesomeness nonetheless.

Touche Dan.

Funny, the 3 of us were looking at dozens of fish throughout the afternoon but they had lock-jaw. Come that evening they were still all around everywhere, but in our short couple hour window when they bit, we picked up 9. Thought that was awesome because it was our first trip, and then you and Wayne arrived. Great time had.

I've been over schools that wouldn't touch a thing for 4 days straight Drew. Frustrating to say the least. You never know when that magic moment will come. But when it does, the saying "heaven on earth" never had so much meaning.

I'm the frog master...I can't spend a day bass fishing without any less than 9 or 10 different rods and baits in front of me but Flipping and Pitching plastics, jigs and punch rigs has to be 2nd place for me. Heavy braids and no messing around. Finesse fishing at it's best, put the trolling motor down pick apart the cover and get ready.

Slop Froggin is #1 for me!! I still rather fight a largie on heavy braid a mile out Froggin than 20ft out in front of me.