Chaotic Moments - Specks had no merci LOL :)

Leecher

Took the day off today and plan was.... hit a local lake for specks and give her... Hadn't had a good feed since Dec 2012... Remember, didn't catch sniff all hard water season :(

So today left home with high hopes and had a great feeling, a hunch whatever you want to call it LOL 6h00am came fast and had to make 3 pit stops for gas, refreshment & breakfast and bait and the way I go North :)

6C temp wise and NorthWesterly winds blowing AWESOME!!! Arrived at destination at 8h10am, lake had a good chop and blowing across where I setup.... Could see a cloud of minnows cruzing along the shore next to me GREAT!!! First cast, didn't even reach bottom, HIT :thumbsup_anim: Set the hook.... worm gone :wallbash: ARRRGH.. cast again with new bait and FISH ON!!!! This lasted 15 minutes and limited out :clapping: Broke my record of 30 minutes to get a limit.... MAN WERE THEY EVER HUNGRY B):P:D:thumbsup_anim:

Left at 8h31am and got home at 10h00am :D All caught on my homemade slip bobber rigs :)

Couple of pics of the beauties... Enjoy!!!

DSC09494_zpsbae58387.jpg

DSC09499_zps460b4401.jpg

GREAT catch TJ, if anybody deserves it u do, this sure makes up for the fish famine of December 2012 to yesterday. Those are beautiful looking fish, I hope you also bought a lottery ticket the same day, you followed your hunch and it payed off, congrats , you have just boosted your omega 3s :good::clapping:

Just 2 days ago, same thing happened to me. I went to a small lake by the highway and fished from shore. I've known this lake for many years and it has always given me trout for supper.

I fish this lake from shore using a slip pencil float (English style) on 3 lb test mono.

I lit up a cigarette and cast out my baited hook with the bobber stopper about 4 feet above the hook. It was about 6:30 p.m. The time it took to smoke my cigarette, I had 7 brook trout from 8 to 12 inches long. 1/2 hour later, the bite turned off but I had a dozen brook trout.....more than enough for a good meal. I ate 5 smallest ones and gave the rest to a lady and her husband who hadn't eaten brook trout in close to 30 years.

GREAT catch TJ, if anybody deserves it u do, this sure makes up for the fish famine of December 2012 to yesterday. Those are beautiful looking fish, I hope you also bought a lottery ticket the same day, you followed your hunch and it payed off, congrats , you have just boosted your omega 3s :good::clapping:

Thanks blizz!!! It's been a long haul omega 3s wise :o reward is sweet :) Man were they ever hungry this morning :w00t:

Just 2 days ago, same thing happened to me. I went to a small lake by the highway and fished from shore. I've known this lake for many years and it has always given me trout for supper.

I fish this lake from shore using a slip pencil float (English style) on 3 lb test mono.

I lit up a cigarette and cast out my baited hook with the bobber stopper about 4 feet above the hook. It was about 6:30 p.m. The time it took to smoke my cigarette, I had 7 brook trout from 8 to 12 inches long. 1/2 hour later, the bite turned off but I had a dozen brook trout.....more than enough for a good meal. I ate 5 smallest ones and gave the rest to a lady and her husband who hadn't eaten brook trout in close to 30 years.

Awesome Dabluz!!! even the black flies couldn't sting me while the action was happening LOL May be I wasn't paying much attention to them LOL Man what a rush... Simply irresistible LOL

Dabluz... funny you mention the slip pencil float (English style) rigs you use to catch those trouts, I make my own rigs and they are basically walleye rigs that works great for trout from shore targetting the bottom of the water column :)

Bought the different components at www.luremaking.com: barrel swivels, snap swivels, pill float bobbers, plastic beads (stoppers), Bell sinkers and Mustad Ultrapoint hooks, Octopus Beak, size 2. They look like the following:

IMGP2257_zps27dcbe41.jpg

IMGP2256_zps56c80a1f.jpg

Yesterday, I'd get a hit everytime I casted out and this even before the sinker had reached bottom B) Fast & furious action B)

I bet today, no one is catching sniff where I was yesterday.... just the way it is with trout fishing I suppose :wacko:

Well that's awesome. Gotta love it when a plan comes together :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Joey!!! You bet :)

beauty haul the Jaques :clapping: I like that set up too -I'll have to try one of those next time I'm fishin on the small water

Thanks Rick!!! Yeah there easy to make and productive :thumbsup_anim: I like them a lot :)

Beauties for sure, Jacques. You got a nice feed there! Dang...don't know why, I see those fish and think 'splake'. Not all of them.

Thanks Roy!!! Yeah I know, they look like splakes but are farm raised specks... each and every one of them had clipped fins... the tail really is square and the ends are transparent making it look like a V.... nonetheless great for the pan :D

Good job, man! I hit my limit in specks today too (yesterday now... uh, Saturday). Couldn't keep them off this Williams spoon setup I never tried before. Handed it to my brother and he caught three more with it.

Yessir! That's a monkey off your back. Well worth a day in lieu of work.

Thanks Chad!!! Glad it's off my back for sure :D

So you took a day off to fish, but only fished for 15 mins? Never heard that before!!

Good job, enjoy your meal!

Thanks dnb_cbr!!! I'm as surprised as you are but love it :P:D

Good job, man! I hit my limit in specks today too (yesterday now... uh, Saturday). Couldn't keep them off this Williams spoon setup I never tried before. Handed it to my brother and he caught three more with it.

Thanks Dana!!! and congrats on limiting out :thumbsup_anim:B):clapping: It's always fun when specks are active feeding... makes for a great time :)

That sink full of specks makes me hungry. The thing about specks that always amazes me is that when they are on,they are ON! Good job!

Thanks Brad!!! So true... just got to enjoy them while there active B) God knows how many times I went and came back empty handed... other times, it's one after the other, just like yesterday :)

Bacon in a pan! Except speckled goodness.

Jacques... like the rig and like these reports. Makes me miss my late teens, early 20's when I'd visit Zec Dumoine once a summer for specks. Breakfast panfried speckles, eggs, toast, homefries, beans...

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIce polkadots man!

Thanks Kev!!!

Bacon in a pan! Except speckled goodness.

Jacques... like the rig and like these reports. Makes me miss my late teens, early 20's when I'd visit Zec Dumoine once a summer for specks. Breakfast panfried speckles, eggs, toast, homefries, beans...

Thanks Drew!!! The rig works well for the fishing I do up there and love it :) Same setup can be used for walleyes or whities :D Zec Dumoine, that's in QC isn't it?? Just wondering...