Pump shotgun magazine plugs.

Tootsie II

Can any of you knowledgeable guns owners confirm something for me. In Ontario, if I was keeping an old pump shotgun in camp to "protect" against predatory wildlife (eg: black bears) and I was not hunting with that gun, can I remove the wood plug in the magazine so that it will hold 4 shells instead of only 2. And, no I don't leave it lying around without a trigger lock on it or with shells in either the chamber or mag. I've learned to unlock and load damned quick if I have to.

Edited by Tootsie II

My 870 can hold 7... And it was bought that way from BPS, and did not even come with a plug to make it legal in Ontario.

When using it hunting, I remove the extended mag, put a normal one on, with a plug.

Not 100% sure of the legalities when not hunting..

Correct shotguns can only hold a max of 3 shells when hunting including the chambered round. Pump or semi doesn't matter. That us one of the many laws that really bothers me. When deer hunting you can have a 10 round lever gun but only a 3 round shotgun. So dumb.

Remington 870 and 1100, only held 5.

Winchester Model 12 and 97 held 7.

Could have lots of fun with a handful of well thrown clay targets and a good shooter. Anybody remember the old Winchester Pro Shooter films at the Sportsmen Show, back in the day?

The guy could throw 7 clay targets BY HIMSELF, and then hit every one before they hit the dirt. Very cool.