Will it twist back? Front porch lean...

mike rousseau

So over the past few years my front porch has sunk in one corner...I know I know... I should have fixed it when I noticed... But anyways... Today I dug down to the bottom of the post to find it had slipped off the base... So I jacked it up and rebuilt a new wider base...then I let her down... But when I stepped back the porch-roof/awning...stairs... still looked twisted...

So I was thinking because it twisted over the course of a few years... Maybe it has to twist back? Settle in...???

So I left the hole unfilled and the "said corner" a bit higher then where I want it... So I can come back to it for adjustments...

So what do you guys think... Will it twist back...??

I think/hope so... Lol

Thanks

Moisture is the key here. To bend a piece of wood we use steam and pressure to warp it into a bow. We then let it dry under tension and it retains the warp. This is the process that has already happened Mike. If it is steamed and counter warped it can take on the new shape. unfortunately there is no economical way to do this. The warp is there to stay but can be slightly lessened if you soak it down and put 300 lbs or more weight on it but it is not really worth the effort for the results will be minimum.

Art