How did I miss this? (non fishing)

Tdel

Notice in the States that have lenient gun laws there is a very low gun crime rate, while places like New York or Chicago where guns are banned they have the highest gun crime rate.... coincidence? This theory can be proven in every country in the WORLD as well. When criminals know law abiding citizens are armed it forces them to think twice then if they still do attack at least the citizen has the opportunity to defend themselves. The media portrays gun violence as a very bad thing, but its also because the stories where people have saved lives that were carrying guns never make it to the news because there are rarely any victims killed.

Edited by Tayzak15

Notice in the States that have lenient gun laws there is a very low gun crime rate, while places like New York or Chicago where guns are banned they have the highest gun crime rate.... coincidence? This theory can be proven in every country in the WORLD as well. When criminals know law abiding citizens are armed it forces them to think twice then if they still do attack at least the citizen has the opportunity to defend themselves. The media portrays gun violence as a very bad thing, but its also because the stories where people have saved lives that were carrying guns never make it to the news because there are rarely any victims killed.

You should start dealing in facts rather then your own theories.. Seriously man, what you're saying is flat out incorrect.

Well, atleast it was waived for a few years.

$60 is still $60 bucks. Not all that bad I guess considering its only due once every five years. You can hardly buy a round of drinks for $60 bucks nowadays and we all know where that ends up.

Edited by Harrison

Do you really want to just stand there and get shot instead of fighting back when a crackhead robs you?

Well if he has a gun, I'm not Bruce Willis, so I'm gonna assume I wouldn't jump for my holster when the other dude's gun is drawn. That is INVITING what would have been a simple robbery that the cops would have dealt with into a gunfight. Now everyone has a gun. How many of them are a good shot? You're now in a fight to the death, risking the lives of others on the street, to preserve your pride and 20 bucks.

No I wouldn't be so stupid as to fight back at gunpoint.

You should start dealing in facts rather then your own theories.. Seriously man, what you're saying is flat out incorrect.

I can say that right back to you BillM sounds like its time for you to read the facts rather than the theories. I've studied this issue in school for the past 3 years so I'm not too sure what you're trying to argue with me here. You're the one using unproven theories repeating what the government says to you. Not too hard to look around, read independent studies and see what the government tells you is an absolute lie when it comes to guns at least.

Well if he has a gun, I'm not Bruce Willis, so I'm gonna assume I wouldn't jump for my holster when the other dude's gun is drawn. That is INVITING what would have been a simple robbery that the cops would have dealt with into a gunfight. Now everyone has a gun. How many of them are a good shot? You're now in a fight to the death, risking the lives of others on the street, to preserve your pride and 20 bucks.

No I wouldn't be so stupid as to fight back at gunpoint.

Its not hard to shoot a gun after a little bit of practice. Not saying you would be stupid enough to fight back at gunpoint however, if you are already getting attacked are you just going to sit there and take it? or would you wish you had, had something to defend yourself or wound the attacker. Its a scary world we live in when people are so dependent on a third party (the police) to come to the rescue and save their lives rather than taking the matter into your own hands and defending your own life.

If any one of you think you would have the time to get your gun during a home invasion or what ever senario then your kiding yourself.

You have all the same rights in Canada as you would in the USA.

The only real differance is.

What?

Take a course.

No criminal record.

Register your guns and store them properly along with ammo.

Whats the problem????

Dont forget that In Canada its a privalidge not a rite to own or bare fire arms...

Its not hard to shoot a gun after a little bit of practice. Not saying you would be stupid enough to fight back at gunpoint however, if you are already getting attacked are you just going to sit there and take it? or would you wish you had, had something to defend yourself or wound the attacker. Its a scary world we live in when people are so dependent on a third party (the police) to come to the rescue and save their lives rather than taking the matter into your own hands and defending your own life.

Are we talking about murder, or robbery? People seem to have the line obviously blurred here.

Somebody trying to kill me, my family, my dog, a fellow human, you bet I'd drop and maybe even kill that dude. That's a reaction to a life and death situation. HOWEVER: A robbery is a simple robbery, until someone pulls a gun and escalates it into a gunfight.

Even if you're a good shot, everyone misses sometimes. ONE missed shot could kill an innocent woman, child, etc. It's not something I want on my street, so that people can feel like the Punisher against every lowlife out there.

And I'm sorry , did you say it's a SCARY world, because we have trained public servants out there 24/7 to protect us? Cops are here to help us, and alleviate these would-be vigilante justice league confrontations from jacked up gun toters.

Edited by Rich

I can say that right back to you BillM sounds like its time for you to read the facts rather than the theories. I've studied this issue in school for the past 3 years so I'm not too sure what you're trying to argue with me here. You're the one using unproven theories repeating what the government says to you. Not too hard to look around, read independent studies and see what the government tells you is an absolute lie when it comes to guns at least.

I'm arguing everything you said.. That fact that states with stricter gun laws have more gun crime then those that don't? The fact that countries with armed citizens are safer then those without?. You're absolutely wrong... So go ahead and post up some hard facts (Not your opinions) and I'll gladly retract all my statements..

Are we talking about murder, or robbery? People seem to have the line obviously blurred here.

Somebody trying to kill me, my family, my dog, a fellow human, you bet I'd drop and maybe even kill that dude. That's a reaction to a life and death situation. HOWEVER: A robbery is a simple robbery, until someone pulls a gun and escalates it into a gunfight.

Even if you're a good shot, everyone misses sometimes. ONE missed shot could kill an innocent woman, child, etc. It's not something I want on my street, so that people can feel like the Punisher against every lowlife out there.

And I'm sorry , did you say it's a SCARY world, because we have trained public servants out there 24/7 to protect us? Cops are here to help us, and alleviate these would-be vigilante justice league confrontations from jacked up gun toters.

Yep, public servants that are never there for you in time. By the time they arrive the incident is over and they take the information you got, or collect your corpse in a body bag. Like I said enjoy defending yourself with a telephone while I'l defend my family with a weapon if necessary. Why have a middle man when you should be allowed to take care of stuff yourself? common logic

I'm arguing everything you said.. That fact that states with stricter gun laws have more gun crime then those that don't? The fact that countries with armed citizens are safer then those without?. You're absolutely wrong... So go ahead and post up some hard facts (Not your opinions) and I'll gladly retract all my statements..

As for you BillM I suggest you read this book. http://www.amazon.ca/More-Guns-Less-Crime-Understanding/dp/0226493636 rather than being close minded on a subject learn and educate yourself from both points of views, and pay attention to all details and statistics.

Yep, public servants that are never there for you in time. By the time they arrive the incident is over and they take the information you got, or collect your corpse in a body bag. Like I said enjoy defending yourself with a telephone while I'l defend my family with a weapon if necessary. Why have a middle man when you should be allowed to take care of stuff yourself? common logic

Because your training to defend your family is based on watching movies, whereas cops are trained to deal with things. Cops dealing with things keeps stupid rednecks from killing everyone that walks on their property.

Last time somebody pulled a gun on me I told him he better have lots of bullets, and continued walking towards him. Of course, as anyone would be, he was too scared to fire the gun and simply froze. Luckily he was the one doing the threatening, not me. So after tough guy with the brass peed his pants and cried, the cops came and collected him. Now thats justice.

Edited by Rich

Because your training to defend your family is based on watching movies, whereas cops are trained to deal with things. Cops dealing with things keeps stupid rednecks from killing everyone that walks on their property.

Last time somebody pulled a gun on me I told him he better have lots of bullets, and continued walking towards him. Of course, as anyone would be, he was too scared to fire the gun and simply froze. Luckily he was the one doing the threatening, not me. So after tough guy with the brass peed his pants and cried, the cops came and collected him. Now thats justice.

Actually I am a well trained shooter. Wouldn't surprise me if I have just as much if not more experience than any of the younger officers patrolling.

Actually I am a well trained shooter. Wouldn't surprise me if I have just as much if not more experience than any of the younger officers patrolling.

Let's hope if you're threatened it's a group of vigilante paper targets trying to avenge the shredding their Pappy got.

Let's hope if you're threatened it's a group of vigilante paper targets trying to avenge the shredding their Pappy got.

Actually, I hunt, practice shooting moving targets, and other forms. I trust my shooting skills more than any middle man who I would have to wait to get there to "save the day" lol

This thread has gone so far off the trail right from the begining. What is being posted is not what I was looking for,

so please start a new thread and post to your hearts content. Let this one die.

3000 shootings in the US since Sandy Hook occurred. I do believe gun crime is pretty high

Then dig deeper and study what states a majority of those shootings have taken place in. Then look at gun control laws in those particular states.