Mystery Tackle Box

d_paluch

Anyone see this before? It popped up on my Facebook and it seems like a pretty cool idea.

You pay a monthly (or yearly) fee and each month you receive atleast $15 worth of product. The idea is they send you new or popular stuff to try out, and they include cards which help you in using your new bait. I may try it out for 1 or 2 months just to see what I get out of it. Might be a cool way to try out products that I normally would have NEVER tried.

http://mysterytacklebox.com/

MONTHLY

Good value

$15.00

3 MONTH

Great value

$43.50

6 MONTH

Amazing value

$85.50

12 MONTH

Best value

$165.00

Could be a cool gift for a fisherfriend as well. I know I would love getting a package in the mail monthly with cool new lures to try.

Any thoughts?

Reminds me of the days of the music or book clubs. Although, I don't think it uses the same marketing strategy. What I do know is they are sure advertising this a lot. If you go to there website I believe you can see what things they have included in past months.

If you think you'll enjoy it, go for it. You could always cancel it.

I received a 3 month subscription for Christmas. Good stuff, and you get way more than what you pay for. Also, my boxes came with a coupon code "GET499" for an extra discount. It got better and better each month since January, but it also gave me some stuff I don't think I'd ever be using.

There seems to be a more expensive (hard bait or frog) each month, and then a few packs of plastics, and a pack of Mustad EWG's. The plastics come in packs of 3 or 4, and would let you sample the baits. What I do applaud them for, is offering baits in colours that you can't go wrong with.

Live2Fish, the "leaf" has a pretty awesome action in the water! Look it up on youtube!

Edited by EC1

Fishhound.com has the same deal, but you can actually pick the stuff you get to test. And its yours to keep once you write a report on what u think about the product. Also its much cheaper.

That site is cool! Might sign up. The thing I do like about mysterytacklebox, is that it would almost force me to try different techniques if I got them in the box, which otherwise I more than likely wouldn't have tried.

Time to research!