Nitro bass boats??

Anger, I didn't suggest a deep V for you, what I was trying to say is buy the rig best suited for the conditions you will be fishing in. I would love to be able to maneuver into a back bay for Bass, but can't, we fish big water 99% of the time so that's the boat I bought. Cousin fishes slop etc.99% of the time so a bass boat is what he chose.

I'm usually fishing before he arrives because he has to, lock all 10 of his rods away, batten down anything that can go flying at 50mph, cooler, tackle, net, jackets, tighten all the gimbals on electronics, etc........

That may be true but has nothing to do with the performance of either boat in 2-3 foot waves.

Angler man., stick with what you want. The fishibility and versatility of a quality bass boat is terrific. It's not a "do everything perfectly boat", they haven't invented it yet. It sounds like you know want you need and won't have any surprises. The earlier comment regarding the size of boat is correct. I was told years ago that after I saved enough money to buy an 18ft boat, keep saving until I could afford a 20ft. Great advise. I did and have no regrets. As far as the manufacturer goes, it's like everything else, you always get what you pay for. Consider quality and resale value. Good luck.

loved my nitro, it handled lake simcoe quite well

rep.jpg

That boat right there,was built well. Not like todays,IMO. SOLID.

Thats why when I bought my first bas boat,I bought the older ranger. it was solid too. It was a 18ft with a 115 mariner. It handled simcoe well. Just had to learn how to burp it,it the nasty stuff. As a co angler,I was stuffed in 20-21 bass boats on simcoe. I stuffed mine once. It was like a washing machine out there. Plus,Terry needed to be washed.LOL

I've drove both Z521 and the Z520 in big stuff. The Z521 is a little better the Z520 way way more fun to drive.

189 Stratos will be just OK on Simcoe. You will really need to get it prop right. I'm in a 201 Stratos regular nice boat.

You can kid yourself into a 80 trolling motor. As stated in 2 years you will have a 36volt.

Again it's all setup, you can make a Z521 junk with the wrong prop and wrong motor high.

Yes it does. I equate comfort as a factor in performance not just speed, handling, or fishabilty amongst many others.

That may be true but has nothing to do with the performance of either boat in 2-3 foot waves.

Angler man., stick with what you want. The fishibility and versatility of a quality bass boat is terrific. It's not a "do everything perfectly boat", they haven't invented it yet. It sounds like you know want you need and won't have any surprises. The earlier comment regarding the size of boat is correct. I was told years ago that after I saved enough money to buy an 18ft boat, keep saving until I could afford a 20ft. Great advise. I did and have no regrets. As far as the manufacturer goes, it's like everything else, you always get what you pay for. Consider quality and resale value. Good luck.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Get the boat that fits how you fish. I have 4 boats ranging from a 10ft pond pontoon to a 28ft Marinette none of them are interchangeable. I am lucky to have many different styles of place to fish from saltwater to ponds, rivers to rapids. The Ranger is good on the bigger water but would not last a day pushing rapids like the Aluminum jet boat does. The big boat gives me the comfort and confidence to run big water in good and bad weather but at the price of 2 1/2 ft draft.

Buy as much quality as you can afford I rebuilt the Ranger because it was a solid boat but the interior was trashed. I replaced the old seats and carpet rewired it and put the engine in the shop. The rest of the boat was very solid and very well made with the face lift I now have a quality boat at a fraction of the cost of a new Ranger.

Art