Coleman 2 burner stove NF

davey buoy

Just dug out my 25 year old camping stove.Very similar to the one shown. shown.CT has the Coleman fuel(white gas)on for $19.99 a gallon.

Heard through the grapevine people are using unleaded gas in these at about $5.85 a gallon.

Anyone tried that in there stoves?. Did a couplle searches and apparently gasoline or white gas,or Kerosene can be used in them..Huge difference in price,but don't want to have a explosion either using something I shouldn't.

Thanks.

coleman-camp-stove.jpg

Edited by davey buoy

Just dug out my 25 year old camping stove.Very similar to the one shown. shown.CT has the Coleman fuel(white gas)on for $19.99 a gallon.

Heard through the grapevine people are using unleaded gas in these at about $5.85 a gallon.

Anyone tried that in there stoves?. Did a couplle searches and apparently gasoline or white gas,or Kerosene can be used in them..Huge difference in price,but don't want to have a explosion either using something I shouldn't.

Thanks.

That particular model looks like the dual fuel one. You can use regular unleaded in them. I have the same larger one and 2 dual fuel lanterns, both work on unleaded, NO Kerosene.

You can't use kerosene in them. Unleaded would work but be careful, for the amount of fuel it uses, just get the Coleman fuel.

There must be a good reason for using there fuel. The flashpoint may not be as high as gas?.Therefore safer. Was just curious..I don't mind the cost so much as like you say it lasts a long time.

Tank colour. The dual fuel tanks were silver. Regular naptha tank was red.

Thanks for clearing that up.Picked up a Coleman blend bottle.Apparently there getting away from the Naptha container,as so I'm told.Says it works in all Coleman stoves.By the way,mine is the red tank.