Fishing with My Mate

Fishing with Live2fish ....Bowen wakes me up 6:30 am sunday him and his dad couldn't get out on the lake

due to 4 & 5 fters so i invited both him and his dad out in seach for the Kings ....well Bowens dad had a honny due list to cover and Bowen was pumped to fish so off me and him go.

headed out to a new spot to try out and wasn't long Bowen hooks into a nice 20lber ....hooks another drops it ...my turn land a nice 12lber and for 2 hours none stop action ..

Bowen was hooking up steady but couldn't keep them hooked we both couldn't figure it out ...and yes he was getting grrrrr after watching me land my limit ...we ended the day going 6 for 14 on Kings

all on Moonshine Spoons in deep water down on the riggers 40 to 70 down doing 2.4 to 3.2 mile hr ..it was a rough water day but the fish and us liked it much better .i had a awesome 3 days fishing Lake Ont sorry for not many pictures but camera battery was lost in the junk in my truck .see ya on the weekend Bowen ..Now its time to fire up the Smoker and the BBQ ;D

P1010340.jpg

P1010339.jpg

Great post Steve,

Looks like you will be enjoying a nice meal... Bowen sure is an amazing young man!

Cheers,

Jen

Nice to see you are finally into Salmon.

Right on steve. :clapping: ..great to see those kings starting to turn on around the port d area...and man you guys did real well,to bad you didnt get them last weekend for the scotty series,that would have been a nice box to weigh in.. :thumbsup_anim: .well glad you were on them...i cant wait...nice looking fish,thanks for sharing.. cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Great report. Thanks for sharing that. Do you both have to eat those fish before you can go back for more on the weekend?

Bowen is my 1st Mate on my Charter's ...me and him get to fish for ourselfs maybe 3 times a season ...i will be out most of the week and all weekend doing charter's as for Bowen he will be in school all week and then back on the water given me a hand run the boat for the weekend ....full Lic your 5 Kings per person and once there done smoken it don't take long to get ate up ...FD i don't fish the tourneys or the Scotty no more due to Charter's i fished tourneys for 15 years and with many tourney wins and had enough of beating up my boats ...ive desided to become a full time Guide 365 days a year and there is no time for Tourney's...next time your out FD give me a shout..Fishmaster

Nice catch! Bowen sounds like a great first mate, next time he'll get em!!

bly

Bowen is a awesome kid this will be his 3rd year helping me run my charter's ...Bowen parents said i created a monster his board name is live2fish and thats what he does .if he is not out with me he is out with his dad or friends looking for salmon ...there has been days he out fishes alote of boat on Lake O in his 16 ft starcraft ...within the next few years he will go from mate to captain of my boat :clapping: and i will be on Erie running full time from july till sept for Walleye instead of running from boat to boat from Lake Ont one day to Erie the next .. :thumbsup_anim:

Great report. Thanks for sharing that. Do you both have to eat those fish before you can go back for more on the weekend?

not trying to shake the ship here Roy, but I do believe that once the fish are smoked, they are considered to be preserved/cooked - no longer count against your possession limit - I very well could be wrong, but I have herd this from a few others before

kinda like those who can/pickle fish for personal use over the winter ect....