Whitefish and Laker Smackdown! - Not Simcoe

Slayingm

I decided to hit the Haliburton Highlands with my guests this weekend in search of Whitefish and Lake trout. Upon arrival one of the day's the temp. was a balmy -24... can you say YIKES!

After punching a few holes in 40 to 60ft of water with the power auger I wasted little time in getting the ice shelter and small propane heater setup. It quickly became a comfortable and toasty home where gloves and hats were removed and some serious fishing action took place!

Once I got everyone setup, on the flasher screen most of the day we witnessed countless numbers of Lakers and Whitefish rise up from bottom to either inspect our offerings or smash them! Light fluorocarbon line tied to Jigging Raps and various minnow tipped jigs along with some minnow set lines did the damage. Action was steady all day long and everyone got into fish and experienced a life time of memories and fun! In fact with Sunday's group it was actually their first time ice fishing and they are now hooked for life and could not wipe the smiles of their faces as seen in the attached pics! Angler's teaching new anglers to fish... now that is what its all about!

016_zpsc548e748.jpg

01262013257_zpsa7c9d12e.jpg

012_zpsc562d41c.jpg

01262013249_zpsdf8e3f54.jpg
Stay safe and Good Fish'n... Greg.