05 Silverado question (NF duh)

Toad Hunter

Hey all, I recently bought an 05 silverado LS extended cab. (with suicide doors). Just curious for anyone here who as ever owned one, if the wind noise in the cab I am getting from both sides is normal (perhaps from the suicide doors?). This is my first extended cab truck so not sure if this is the norm or not or if I should be looking into a false car fax claim lol.

ya thats what I was thinking was the main problem. But wasn't sure if it was that (none "apear" lose) or because the doors don't latch to a solid beam (room to move?) - as I said before, never had suicide doors before. Thanks for the reply I'll have to take a closer look as the noise seems to move around too - so sounds like we might be headin in the right path.

If the suicide door isn't completely closed, it will make alot of noise. Slam the back doors closed then the fronts. If the noise is gone then you have it. Hinges are also a problem, but I would check one other thing also. Has the stereo been upgraded? If someone has put new speakers in the doors, alot of times they dont bother putting the insulation/plastic barrier back in and that really lets the road noise in...If that is the case, do as the previous poster suggested...turn up the stereo :whistling:

RED

I purchased a 2006 regular cab Sierra new in 2006 and had it until just recently. Good truck, very reliable. But it had a lot of wind noise from the driver's door from day I bought it. Like Moxie said, I turned up the radio. I traded it for a new Ram. Man, are those trucks ever quiet inside. I only hope it is as reliable as my old truck. Andy

You can take a piece of paper and close the to door on it. If it falls thru thats bad, it should be fairly tight.

When you find the bad areas you can adjust your hinges or roll down windows or open windows put your foot at bottom of door and bend that area of the door frame.

Remember these aren't Caddy's.

It could be the door rubber is just flat.