Florida Fishing with Pics

Cudz

Just back from Florida and had a good time. Weather was awesome. I hit up a few ponds (every little pond in Orlando holds bass). I caught a bunch of small ones.

flobass1_zpsc91db2ae.jpg

I went to another pond near my house in Florida (same pond that I caught my PB LMB) and i fished 2 mornings for a couple of hours and did fairly well with a couple of 4 pounders and some smaller stuff as well as some good sized catfish.

flobass3_zpsffb0d6b9.jpg

flobass2_zps9f24e8fd.jpg

When I visited my cousin I fished of the dock with one of my daughters and she managed a nice little LMB

Flobassbeth_zps984c9a37.jpg

I hit up another pond that has some big fish in it but this crazy little 5 foot alligator would not let me fish. Evrerytime I casted my lure he was after it. When I moved to the other side of the pond, he followed.

flobassalligator2_zps12a76ab0.jpg

flobassalligator_zps8bac5939.jpg

At the end of my Orlando trip I ended up with 26 LMB.

For my last 5 days we went to Tradewinds resort on St. Pete's Beach but only managed a bunch of small fish that looked like they belonged in my aquarium and also these other fish that kind of looked like bonefish but they were called whiting or Gulf kingfish. They were fast swimmers.

gulffish3_zps6f480bc7.jpg

gulffish2_zps46a4ee9a.jpg

gulffish1_zps00e2753b.jpg

What?! No hotdog bass? C'mon man!

Where does it say in my report that there are no hot dog bass??

There may or may not have been hot dog bass on this trip.

I can not tell a lie. The two biggest fish were both hot dog bass! Guilty as charged. I must admit I have never tried it up here but in that deep pond, they love a little oscar mayer. lol

Chris, did you eat the whitings? My oldman says they are fantastic!

No I did not. I caught a bunch too. I didn't have a filleting knife with me. They were all about the same size, 12 to 13 inches. Cool little fish though.

No I did not. I caught a bunch too. I didn't have a filleting knife with me. They were all about the same size, 12 to 13 inches. Cool little fish though.

Yup, they don't get much bigger then that. I love how even the little fish pull hard in the ocean :)

I hit up another pond that has some big fish in it but this crazy little 5 foot alligator would not let me fish. Evrerytime I casted my lure he was after it. When I moved to the other side of the pond, he followed.

Now that would have been an entertaining catch! Can you imagine taking that back with you. "Honey, can you clean todays catch while I go get a beer!" :rofl2::w00t:

Looks like you had a good time. Thanks for sharing.