Ice reports

slightlyhuman

I would think so, considering there's so much safe ice here in RH I would think a more rural, farther north place like orangeville would be fine, at least in most of the bays. Thinking of going tomorrow?

Ha ha I wasn't planning on it but I think I could duck out for a few hours. Want to meet up and see if its safe to try and bring in some pike?

Edit: Whoops, nevermind. The lake is unsafe and the conservation area is closed. Ah well. Maybe in a week or two.

Edited by jeremy84

Ha ha I wasn't planning on it but I think I could duck out for a few hours. Want to meet up and see if its safe to try and bring in some pike?

Edit: Whoops, nevermind. The lake is unsafe and the conservation area is closed. Ah well. Maybe in a week or two.

I might be free a couple hours, we could try the lakes around my place?

The deepest part of lake Bernard froze over a week ago so be very careful I see a couple of shacks off of union street but the guy at Lake Bernard Outfitters doesn't have huts out yet. Hope this helps Mike

Thanks for the info.

We went up for the weekend and there was 8" of ice where we were.

That doesn't sound like much fun. Well by next week the little pond will be more then ready, could try that. I also have my eye on another nice pond (looks a little better then the first one we went to) that we could try. Let me know when you're feeling better and we'll try to get out. Until then have some fish broth and get to bed :)

My two friends and I skated a hut down Sturgeon today. Thinnest we found was 6-7" (where we set it), a lot of ice around 8". We didn't venture out toward the middle, but within 100-150m of shore should be perfectly fine along the eastern side (around pleasant point).

Note: a word of advise, skating a hut 2.5-3km and then skating back is a real good work out :stretcher: