Just a heads up

mike rousseau

And being a Cabela's Card Carrying member I also get FREE SHIPPING on ANYTHING...... :)

We can't get free shipping from Cabelas. Evidently , they have to swim the stuff accross the lake, and that 's really expensive!whistling.gif

Well heres a hot tip if you's have cash to shop today , TNT Tackle belonging to Cheaptackle a member of our board here , has taken a full time job with Canada Post and will be closeing his tackle store in the 400 Flee Market some time in January , Micheal has started marking things down by as much as 50 % starting today , deals deals deals is all i can say . Be sure to stop by and see him .

[te name=Skipper " D date='30 December 2012 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1356882907' post='755216]

Well heres a hot tip if you's have cash to shop today , TNT Tackle belonging to Cheaptackle a member of our board here , has taken a full time job with Canada Post and will be closeing his tackle store in the 400 Flee Market some time in January , Micheal has started marking things down by as much as 50 % starting today , deals deals deals is all i can say . Be sure to stop by and see him .

Didn't know he was a member. I buy from him often. Will go by again soon. Thanks for the tip

Edited by Skud

Good deals but after shipping and brokerage fees is it still a great deal? I'd like to know the final cost for future ref.

Never had brokerage fees with cabelas.... Just tax and duty.... If shipped to Canada....

But I'm on the NY state border... So I send my orders to a shipping company in NY and go pick it up when I get gas... And depending how much the order is customs usually doesn't bother with duty and tax.... So I end up paying 0% HST tax... 0% NY state tax and no duty on most merchandise that I order....

Edited by Mike Rousseau

Good deals but after shipping and brokerage fees is it still a great deal? I'd like to know the final cost for future ref.

90% of the stuff we buy online is from the US and it's always been cheapest to have the sellers ship via USPS. UPS has to be the worst for charging brokerage and other silly fees. the worst for me from them was a $28 brokerage fee for a "free" replacement game call with a value of $0.01 and specifically labeled warranty replacement or something along those lines. some shippers will say they won't ship USPS, but we've convinced more than a few to help us out and do it anyways :thumbsup_anim:

it usually works out to at least 25% cheaper than buying in canada after shipping.

to save even more money, use a service such as Kinek so you can take advantage of FREE shipping within the US which many retailers offer. you signup online for free and then select the closest participating place that accepts and holds packages for $5 each. the retailer then ships to this place (the one i use happens to be a storage locker place) for free and they hold the packages for a month allowing you time for multiple shipments to arrive. then simply drive down and pickup all your goodies. the money we save on the shipping costs alone is worth the drive for us.

don't forget to buy some cheap booze on the way back like we did one time! :wallbash: