Lund Classic 1660

moosehead

Ok since my boat has suffered some damage i am thinking of getting a new one, what do you guys think about the Lund Classic 1660 SS?

http://www.lundboats.ca/1775_1660_classic_07.html

I have always wanted a Lund boat and i guess i should have done it right the first time instead of settling for less, only live once right.

Thats why I said before you jump...I can get you a better price than you calling them. They may have a new 2007 as well...didnt' see exactly what they brought in to meet their 2007 dealer quota as they were still wrapped.

I own a 2005 classic 16 tiller.Its the exact same boat but a tiller.I powered mine with a 50h.p Merc four stroke.They are great boats with a smooth ride do to the IPS hull.Nice and stable and handle big water well.I use mine on Lake Ontario for salmon with no problems.I highly recomend the lund classic series.You cant go wrong with a Lund. 114483.JPG

I am fishing in one this weekend a very nice boat.Stable smooth IPS hull lots of room a good bang for the buck .Too bad they didn't have them when I bought my Lund. :thumbsup_anim: MTP

124066.JPG

124064.JPG

124063.JPG

124065.JPG

Wish I had one. :)

Edited by Mike the Pike

I was considering the classic but went with the Alaskan SS. the classic seems to have less room inside due to the casting deck and rear storage space and console. hull is stronger on the alaskan and alaskan is a little cheaper. i went with a yamaha 75hp. either or both boats are great!!

It looks like a good boat, but do yourself a favor now before you order it, and step up to the 1775 with the larger corresponing motor......probably a 115 ??

It'll be a few $$$$ more initially, but a year from now you'll be thanking yourself you made the jump.

There's a HUGE difference between a 16 and a 17, without too much difference in $$$$

Nice Boat for sure - you may want to consider a model with a wider beam though.

The 1660 has an 84 inch beam and the 1775 has an 85 inch beam plenty wide my Lund SSV has a 73 inch beam and it is plenty.These boats are very roomy for there size.

MTP