Red Fisher

TJQ

T.J. you'll have to locate his next of kin, since so far as I know, Red owned all the rights to his program and took that to his grave. Ownership of the programs would pass to whoever inherited his estate. I don't believe he and Lois had any kids, so it may be a complicated search requiring the help of a lawyer.

Last time I spoke to him, a year or two before he died, he was working to find a distributor to sell DVDs of his shows, which strongly suggests that he owned them, not CTV.

If memory serves, he did something like 250 - 260 episodes of The Red Fisher Show, so somewhere out there, there is a huge pile of old 16mm film waiting for the right person to come along and make something out of it.

T.J. you'll have to locate his next of kin, since so far as I know, Red owned all the rights to his program and took that to his grave. Ownership of the programs would pass to whoever inherited his estate. I don't believe he and Lois had any kids, so it may be a complicated search requiring the help of a lawyer.

Last time I spoke to him, a year or two before he died, he was working to find a distributor to sell DVDs of his shows, which strongly suggests that he owned them, not CTV.

If memory serves, he did something like 250 - 260 episodes of The Red Fisher Show, so somewhere out there, there is a huge pile of old 16mm film waiting for the right person to come along and make something out of it.

Dale Fisher, London I think.

Apparantly he had four kids. This is from his book Tight Lines And Tall Tales:

" It was the closest thing to what all four of the kids felt when we lived in Morton Grove, Illinois and I was in the den, sitting in my favorite rocker recliner, trying to relieve a head crushing hangover, that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. All of them had cap guns at the time, courtesy of their dear mother. I was just starting to feel like I was going to live, when all four kids came bursting in, shooting off their cap guns like they were in the battle of the bulge. Well rather than try to plead with them to knock it off, I quietly went back to room, loaded my six shot 357 magnum with extra loud blanks, and went back to the den yelling, "So you like to shoot guns, well I got one too." With that I pulled the trigger six times, which was useless, because all four kids had scattered out the back door by the third shot, and was telling their mother, that daddy had gone berserk, and was shooting up the house. I, on the other hand, sat back in my rocker recliner, and after the calling down their mother gave me, enjoyed peace and quiet for the rest of the day, as did my poor aching head."

:lol:

" It was the closest thing to what all four of the kids felt when we lived in Morton Grove, Illinois and I was in the den, sitting in my favorite rocker recliner, trying to relieve a head crushing hangover, that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. All of them had cap guns at the time, courtesy of their dear mother. I was just starting to feel like I was going to live, when all four kids came bursting in, shooting off their cap guns like they were in the battle of the bulge. Well rather than try to plead with them to knock it off, I quietly went back to room, loaded my six shot 357 magnum with extra loud blanks, and went back to the den yelling, "So you like to shoot guns, well I got one too." With that I pulled the trigger six times, which was useless, because all four kids had scattered out the back door by the third shot, and was telling their mother, that daddy had gone berserk, and was shooting up the house. I, on the other hand, sat back in my rocker recliner, and after the calling down their mother gave me, enjoyed peace and quiet for the rest of the day, as did my poor aching head."

LMAO! Were those kids with Lois? If so I may have misunderstood.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

sniff sniff.. thats just beautiful.... LOL Likley a good reason I dont own a handgun.. ahhahahahaha

sniff sniff.. thats just beautiful.... LOL Likley a good reason I dont own a handgun.. ahhahahahaha

I just got copies of the shows myself a month or two ago from mason place fireplaces and woodstoves. Red use to do adds for them. My grandfather was a drinking buddy with red so the show always meant a lot to me so I was thrilled to find copies of his shows.

Hope this helps

Hoppy