new musky net

K_F

Ladies and gents,

How about a softwater topic?

Time to upgrade from my entry level musky net, the one im using is a mesh and the basket just isnt deep enough. Its served its purpose but its time to move on......

thoughts? cost estimates? suggestions?

thanks,

kf

When I looked to upgrade from my starter net.... I decided to buy a good mesh and put it on the frame I already have... Absolutely love it...

I put a beckmen flat bottom style pen net (fin saver?) on my frabile power catch frame...

I know others that have done the same and love it as well....

I've used a bunch of different net set ups and I find flaw with most... Mine is lightweight.... Great mesh.... And big enough to bag a 50+ incher but still easy to handle by yourself.... Those HUGE nets like the "big kahuna" are a pain when your by yourself and take up a LOT of room in your boat....

I put a beckmen flat bottom style pen net (fin saver?) on my frabile power catch frame...

I know others that have done the same and love it as well....

I'm the same as Mike, I always preferred the Frabil frames but found the Beckman pen bags much better. I purchased the Beckman bag & put it on my Frabil frame and it make the best all-round musky net I've used.

The old Frabil bag

001-1-3.jpg

And the new flat bottomed Beckman pen net on the Frabil frame.

002-2.jpg

It's always good when you have the best of both worlds !!

If your fishing only trophy waters go with the frabill "big kahuna". If your not fishing trophy water than the frabill power catch nets are great and even better with the Beckmann mesh.

The Kahunas are nice nets, but as mentioned by Mike earlier they can be a brute to use one handed when your fishing alone.

I am another who loves my Beckmann Finn saver net I have landed many musky by myself with it the biggest was 52" it's alot easier then the big kahuna and the small mesh is awesome.

If you wait for the muskies Canada odyssey you should find some good deals there I know a bunch of guys who have bought them there. You can also check out all of the different nets to see what is the right one for you.

Cost less then $200 I would guess

"with yet another 49 and change inch muskie from this fall."

Is Seul full of 49 and changers ?

Frabill came out with a Stowmaster copy this year. Don't know the price tho'.

Like Irish I bought my Stowmaster at JB's and I got 15% off for being with Muskies Canada

Edited by darsky