Advice - When do I book time off?

Bassassins

I am not looking past this ice season - still very excited! However I have 2 weeks to take for vacation from the 3rd week in march to the end of april.

I would really like to hit the runs down near Port Hope / Cobourg in spring... Would that be possible in that time frame? Which 2 weeks would you take?

Thanks for the advice.

Smooth

Rich makes a good point Rob.

It's kinda too bad that's the choice time of year you have for your vacation. It can be hit and miss as to what's biting on the valley. Knowing you're mostly shorebound, I'd think the later the better (safer) for opps with trout and other species.

My choice would be go early. You may run a higher risk of a washed out river but there should be fewer people around.

And if this spring is like so many others, the best you can hope for at the end of April are tired old dropbacks.

PS. The fewer people that realize there are stealhead opportunities before the end of April opener the better :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Reelaction

If you want to fish more areas, then you have to take the end of your holiday time in late April, if you can take the first week in May id do that two. last year pickings were slim by the last week of March in the lower stretches, with the bigger runs coming 2 weeks earlier, but again your fishing from the SOUTH side of the CNR bridge to the lake, which some people just cant read the Regs, and prefer to poach and harvest steelhead under the bridge.