A Restaurant Owner with a BIG HEART

Billy Bob

This has not been a secret. IT,S BEEN KNOW SINCE BD/AD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am not a very religious person, but I honestly feel, if you treat people right, the Big Guy in the sky is going to pay attention, and it will come back to you.

Religious and KARMA.

He has done well for a guy that started with a hot dog stand. He came from nothing and has lived the American dream. I've met him and talked with him a couple of times years ago at the restaurant. Good guy.

Which restaurant....his old one that his son now owns/runs that is on the corner of Transit & Genesee or the newer restaurant (Russell's Steaks and Chops) he built after a fall out with his son...it's also on Transit Road but about a mile north of Genesee St...it's a MUCH higher class/price then his older restaurant...we haven't been there yet, because of the price...however, the bride wants to take me there for my next birthday... :clapping:

Also both places have their own hotel too...

http://www.salvatoresgrand.com/

Yea I’ve talked with Russell a couple of times when a good friend of ours introduced us to him at the original restaurant and then the next time at his new place. You wouldn’t know by his mannerism that he was so well off. He sat down at our table and seemed truly interested in getting to know who you were. It was around this time of year the first time we met him and he gave us a tour of the place. It’s just unbelievable the way he has the place decked out for Christmas. I don’t think there’s an empty corner or square foot of bare wall that doesn’t have some form of decoration on it. Life size toy soldiers standing at attention and this one manikin in the front foyer dressed as a waiter; I’ll bet you’ll take a double look at it just to make sure he/it wasn’t real. LOL

The man truly seems legit with his feelings towards his community.

Dan.

As a younger guy, i used to work for a competing italian restaurant down the road and if we ran out of anything......We could always make a call to Russ and he would gladly help us out. I would be the guy that would go over and pick up the goods and it was usually Russ who would be waiting for me to help load me up.

Salvatore's Italian Gardens was where we would go. The Osso Bucco was fantastic, the Shrimp Scampi as an app and Tiramisu for desert. I went back in the spring with a buddy and was disappointed to find that its a steakhouse now. Great meal and service but I had my heart set on a nice Italian dinner. Great spot to take your significant other during Christmas time. The place is decked out to the nines.

He has two restaurants now. The italian place (the original) is still in its original location. The new steakhouse is about a halfmile north of that.

Actually Russ only owns the Steak House...his son owns the original Salvatore's Italian Restaurant....he gave ownership to his son who then threw him out...so he started Russell's Steak House...since then Salvatore's Italian Restaurant SERVICE has declined along with some of it's food...our Fire Department no longer uses them for our events.

Actually Russ only owns the Steak House...his son owns the original Salvatore's Italian Restaurant....he gave ownership to his son who then threw him out...so he started Russell's Steak House...since then Salvatore's Italian Restaurant SERVICE has declined along with some of it's food...our Fire Department no longer uses them for our events.

Hmmm, Sounds like the tuttles......How did Discovery miss this oppurtunity!!