NF Insurance for brand new drivers

davey buoy

I failed my G2 test twice and my G test once, the instructors are not always the brightest apples of the bunch, get a decent one and you're far more likely to pass. Funny how some of them don't know the rules...and abide by their own on a whim.

So it's the instructors fault you failed 3 times? LOL.

Jer,the man said to him,no right turns on a red. What you and I do are ok I guess.:wallbash:What can you do?

He stopped before the cross walk,signaled,all clear.continued to make his turn. Definite NO NO.

That's really weird. When I did my G a few years ago I specifically asked my instructor (after I had already turned on the red), and she said it was fine.

I failed my G2 test twice and my G test once, the instructors are not always the brightest apples of the bunch, get a decent one and you're far more likely to pass. Funny how some of them don't know the rules...and abide by their own on a whim.

You have some driving resume, multiple tickets, 3 fails and driving with no insurance!

And instructors are the problem. :wallbash:

That's really weird. When I did my G a few years ago I specifically asked my instructor (after I had already turned on the red), and she said it was fine.

One more to add,3 point turn on a 4 lane street??????????, certainly I'm missing something here?. lol.In his own defense,he wasn't taught that one. Only on a two lane road.

Edited by davey buoy

My best advice for saving money is to drop your glass coverage. I dropped mine about 15 years ago, and paid for one new windshield out of pocket since then. Cost to replace was about 400 bucks. Insurance on glass over that time period, about 3000 bucks. And if you're creative, you can still get your glass paid through insurance by vandalism. A hammer in the back yard can be your best friend. Just saying. :whistling:

When I first started driving I paid 120/ month on a 2002 2dr cavalier. Dad owns the car and I'm the primary driver. That was when I was 18.

Now I have 4 tickets 2 with points

Drive a 94 Dakota. Dad owns the truck and I pay 254.

Neither of these has collision or fire or thelft. Liability only.

Being only 21 I have looked at going on my own.

Latest quote I got.

250/month. Fire theft and collision plus 1 million liability. ( this is once my driving record is cleared)

Your getting hosed in my opinion.

Where you live should not dictate how much you pay.

Go find yourself a broker.

You should be able to find better insurance rates.

Good luck with the hunting. It's a pain in the butt.

You young guys just gotta slow down. I've been driving for 40 years and have never got a speeding ticket. And I drive tens of thousands of km's across the province every year. Wanna know my secret? I don't speed. Just two days ago my apprentice co worker got a ticket for doing 121 in a 90. Oh well, I said to him. Last fall, same thing with another apprentice. These guys are racking up the points against their license renewal and insurance. And while we are getting paid by the hour to drive. I don't get it. I just sit back, watch the speedometer, and wait. And laugh. They also tailgate on the highway while doing 100 kph+, and rarely, if ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Wanna know why insurance is so high for young people? Just come for a ride with me and one of my apprentices some day. Each and every one of them should not have a license.

Where you live should not dictate how much you pay.

Of course it should.

If you live and drive in the Toronto area you have a much higher chance of A:/ theft or break in B:/ getting in an accident due to the much busier roadways than say me who lives in an area with 18,000 people. The city of Toronto has about 150X the population of Yellowknife. If you also take into account the number of people in the surrounding area (GTA) as they drive the same roads, the number increases to 300X the amount of people.

Lets just pretend all of the people in both cities drive. You could surmise that people in the GTA are 300X more likely to make an insurance claim than someone in Yellowknife.

Se where I'm going with this?

So even though you're 300X more likely to make a claim than I am you aren't paying 300X what I am.

But if you live in an area with increased probability of having to make a claim you should have to pay more. It's an increased risk, no different than the guy with 4 tickets who pays more than the fellow with a clean driving record, or the 18 year old kid who is much more likely to get in an accident than the 50 year old father of three.

Insurance rates are based on risk and where you live either increases or decreases your risk.

Lesson over. :lol:

I once got stopped for a 247 in a 90 ... He let me off .... He remarked on how my numbers were climbing and complimented on how nice my home made stock car was ... Said " don't ever let me catch you again " .... The very next day 167 in a 90 , same time same place , 700$ fine , no court date , no points back then , never did get caught again. Although , I do know the top speed of every vehicle I've ever owned . :)

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

One and only time I stopped when speeding Randy... about year 2000.. I left an airplane builders meeting in Brampton and stopped for an OPP on Airport road while driving my Superbird. He came up to the window and said to me in a stern voice .. "let me see your pilots licence" and I pulled it out and showed it to him. He was laughing to damn hard to write a ticket, went back to his car... pulled a U turn and took off, without even coming back to talk to me! :D

You young guys just gotta slow down. I've been driving for 40 years and have never got a speeding ticket. And I drive tens of thousands of km's across the province every year. Wanna know my secret? I don't speed. Just two days ago my apprentice co worker got a ticket for doing 121 in a 90. Oh well, I said to him. Last fall, same thing with another apprentice. These guys are racking up the points against their license renewal and insurance. And while we are getting paid by the hour to drive. I don't get it. I just sit back, watch the speedometer, and wait. And laugh. They also tailgate on the highway while doing 100 kph+, and rarely, if ever come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Wanna know why insurance is so high for young people? Just come for a ride with me and one of my apprentices some day. Each and every one of them should not have a license.

That sums it up pretty well, just yesterday morning I had a young lady right up my butt flashing her lights banging on her steering wheel acting like a lugan and I was in doing 90 in a 80 in the right lane.

That sums it up pretty well, just yesterday morning I had a young lady right up my butt flashing her lights banging on her steering wheel acting like a lugan and I was in doing 90 in a 80 in the right lane.

Try 105km in the slow lane of the 400,see how many flash lights behind you . Mostly long weekends