who's ready for the snow?

ecmilley

I love this photo!

Sled needed some work after that. I forgot to close the powder flap on the front. Sucked in a TON of snow. I didn't realize. The snow melted a bit, then when I turned my sled off, it all froze! EVERYTHING was frozen in a block of ice.....

Simcoe two years ago.

Edited by N.A.W

Hey Indy. I see you upgraded since we have been out sledding many many moons ago.

I still have my old 1990 beater Yammy Phazer and still in the Thamesford area. Almost time for a sled upgrade.

Yea that was so very long ago, i got the 4 stoke itch last year and got that sled. Completly different world than the old touring sled.

Lets hope for snow this season

There's always snow !!! Sometimes you just have to trailer to it !! I still managed 2,700km last year on my sled and I rode half the winter near bobcaygeon and lots in Bancroft and of course petawawa deep river area !!! And seeing how a good winter in central Ontario is aprox 13 weeks long you will only get out of it what you put into it !!!! Bring on the snow !!!!!!F256EAAC-058F-4375-B811-B7CE7F51D29C-4892-00000704C627043C.jpg

Sled needed some work after that. I forgot to close the powder flap on the front. Sucked in a TON of snow. I didn't realize. The snow melted a bit, then when I turned my sled off, it all froze! EVERYTHING was frozen in a block of ice.....

Simcoe two years ago.

Nick, did you make that rear auger bracket yourself? That's the only thing I'm missing on my sled. I'd love a setup similar to yours so when I'm ripping around by myself, there's no need to tow anything.

Nick, did you make that rear auger bracket yourself? That's the only thing I'm missing on my sled. I'd love a setup similar to yours so when I'm ripping around by myself, there's no need to tow anything.

Ya. It kind of morphed over time. Started as a simple storage box for tackle/finder/etc.. then rod holders, then a tow hitch, then the auger rack. This year I need to add a feature to mount my spud pole!

If I had to do it all over again from scratch it would look a little different.

The bravo has a small gas tank, so the box was designed to fit a 5 gallon spare gas tank.

The Auger brackets where easy to make. Some steel plates, and square tube welded together.

Edited by N.A.W

Hey Wally, I have the same sled. 1993 Skandic II 503R. Your is not as beat up as mine is, but I swiched out the metal skis for plastic mountain skis. Makes it alot better in the slush. Where do you live?

Eastern Ontario , the Skandik replaced my Crusher,

IMG_0001_1.jpg