New Sail in Etobicoke Anthing worthwhile?

Snidley

I just saw an ad on TV and it's minimum 30% on clothing and a minimum of 15% everything else. Surprising they would not make an issue of it on their website. Typical Canadian retailers, no marketing smarts what so ever. They deserve the deep holes they dig for themselves.

I just saw an ad on TV and it's minimum 30% on clothing and a minimum of 15% everything else. Surprising they would not make an issue of it on their website. Typical Canadian retailers, no marketing smarts what so ever. They deserve the deep holes they dig for themselves.

Putting it on their site risks cannibalizing revenue from other nearby stores (ie., if I'm about to spend $500 at the burlington store but realize I'll save 150 by driving to etobicoke).

Putting big signs in the neighborhood around the store draws local customers.

I would suggest that national tv advertizing would also cannibalize any sales in Burlington in favour of Etobicoke. The point of almost all retail is to drive traffic and then capitalize on that traffic with as much high gross product (usually impulsive items) as possible. Sail is not doing this with their website nor is LeBarons, Fishing World, Gagnons, Cabelas Canada or any others I can think of. Bass Pro Shops has a very effective web presence in the USA but up until recently when free shipping to Canada was introduced the Vaughn store was so out of touch that they viewed their own website as their major competitor. Literally 10 year olds could do a better job web selling than Canadian sporting goods retailers do currently.

I would suggest that national tv advertizing would also cannibalize any sales in Burlington in favour of Etobicoke. They were advertizing the sale on national

TV last night.The point of almost all retail is to drive traffic and then capitalize on that traffic with as much high gross product (usually impulsive items) as possible. Sail is not doing this with their website nor is LeBarons, Fishing World, Gagnons, Cabelas Canada or any others I can think of. Bass Pro Shops has a very effective web presence in the USA but up until recently when free shipping to Canada was introduced the Vaughn store was so out of touch that they viewed their own website as their major competitor. Literally 10 year olds could do a better job web selling than Canadian sporting goods retailers do currently.