Help with Boots

Reelaction

Looking for some input / suggestions on a good pair of boots with the following must have considerations.

I am looking for a boot that I can put to the test. A couple of examples of their intended use would be fishing and hiking through the Niagara Gorge and upland bird hunting

Here's must must have list.

1) Must be waterproof.

2) Must be lightweight

3) Must be minimum 9" high. Not looking for a low cut hiking style boot

4) Must offer good ankle support and an agressive tread.

5) Must be breathable, don't want my tootsies sweating, then freezing

6) Must offer enough warmth for standing around waiting for my float to go down.:Gonefishing:

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your help

Chris

irish setter boots, can't go wrong with the elk hunter boot, but they are several models to choose from that would work for what you want and with different insulated ratings, 200-600grams thinsulate

combined with proper socks for the activity and you're good to go...about $200-300

good socks/liners will help address point #5

I started a boot review post a few years back, I reveiwed a couple of pairs and others had good input as well, there may be something in there of interest to you?

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13779&st=0&p=301601&hl=boots&fromsearch=1&&do=findComment&comment=301601

Burt :)

Looking for some input / suggestions on a good pair of boots with the following must have considerations.

I am looking for a boot that I can put to the test. A couple of examples of their intended use would be fishing and hiking through the Niagara Gorge and upland bird hunting

Here's must must have list.

1) Must be waterproof.

2) Must be lightweight

3) Must be minimum 9" high. Not looking for a low cut hiking style boot

4) Must offer good ankle support and an agressive tread.

5) Must be breathable, don't want my tootsies sweating, then freezing

6) Must offer enough warmth for standing around waiting for my float to go down.:Gonefishing:

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your help

Chris

Marks Work Warehouse. HD3 Snow Leopard III $149.

Edited by moxie

Good question. I feel u need different boots for different situations. I'll add my opinion for ice fishing/waterproof boots. "Nats" are all rubber, lightweight & warm, with removable liners. Also grip the ice & snow similar to winter tires. I couldn't beleive how light they are when I first tried them. Best rubber boot I ever used! Reasonably priced at $90.00.