older report- you've heard of fly-in

chris.brock

Rays Camp, 1st week of July, don't remember the year. From Bisco., you grab a barge, sloooooowly make your way down the lake, carry all the gear for the week across a portage, 150m, hop on another barge that takes you to camp.

For awhile there, it seemed as soon as I'd take the wheel, I'd blow a tire. The Sultan Industrial Road claims another victim.

IMG_0320.jpg

We stayed the night at Bisco. It's a great place to wander around and take some pictures. I even caught a walleye under the tressle bridge, hopefully a sign of things to come.

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

This is what my foot looked like the next morning after crawling into bed, the night before, with an unknown leech between my toes

IMG_0330.jpg

Bright and early the next morning, loading the barge for the 3 hour trip south down Bisco Lk, it was relaxing and a great chance to meet the others we would be sharing camp with for the next week. All great people, we had alot of laughs.

IMG_0333.jpg

Our usual "tower of beer" on the barge, heavily guarded.

IMG_0334.jpg

We didn't know what to expect fishing wise. The trip the year before was disappointing. At Ramsay, we were pleasantly surprised! The walleye were everywhere. Any spot that looked fishy, almost always held fish. Alot of walleye between 16 and 22. The pike didn't seem worth targeting. We did catch a few while jigging or trolling for eyes. My best day, I caught 25 eyes. Some of the older guys in our party were not used to catching so many walleye. There was some late night "drunken" discussions on the practise of "catch and release" and the theory of harvest limits. After they realized the 1st days catch wasn't a fluke, and that they could catch walleye at will, they got on board and put fish back and selectively kept a few.

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

It was Ricardo's B-day while we were up there. Some other guests at camp gave him a few hours with Annabell, the anatomically correct blow-up doll. Yikes!

IMG_0360.jpg

Here's the owners of the camp, Pete and Re-Pete. Great guys.

IMG_0370.jpg

I love the older camps and the history. There's plenty of fish stories from years past from Ray's Camp

IMG_0369.jpg

A memorable trip. This one comes up in our conversations quite often. I'd recommend Ray's and Ramsay.

IMG_0346.jpg

Edited by chris.brock