Labour of Love

asdve23rveavwa

A few months ago I was asked by Roy, and a few others to post some pics of Juli's dad's Giesler boat restoration. I only have access to a few right now, but, figured I'd post these for now.

Just to set up the story, a bit, when Craig first got this boat as a gift from his wife, it was literally a frame with rotted wood. He completely rebuilt it purchasing all the materials up in Powassan. She is finally ready to go (unfortunately I don't have the pic with the motor, and, totally finished boat yet) and he was hoping to possibly launch this fall. Looks like a spring launch is more likely. Five years, and, about 1000 hours of labour later!! Think he is almost sad that the project is over, LOL!

Anyways, here are a few pics of the latter stages of the project.

Giesler2.jpg

Giesler5.jpg

Giesler.jpg

Giesler3.jpg

Giesler4.jpg

Giesler6.jpg

I'll try and get some of the shots of both the rotted hulk it used to be, and, the finished product it now is, soon.

They truly are a beautiful boat, and, I'm sure bring back memories for many elder members of the board.

wow !!! talk about a labor of love !!! :worthy::worthy: thats incredible for sure,great job....those wooden boats ride just amazing....that resto looks amazing... :good: what are you putting on it for an outboard ?? looks fairly heavy...but awesome show us more pics i love the old boats... :thumbsup_anim::clapping:

Think he put a 60 hp motor on it. Just enough oomph for when he needs it.

Beautifull...!

Tell Craig,

I have 15 of these boats... He's welcome to come up this spring and fix them up for me...

:)

the capt't

:Gonefishing:

I'll let him know. If it means fishing all spring, when he isn't working, he might be tempted!

Hopefully mine will look half that nice come spring.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your job!!

That's fantastic, Frankie! Thanks so much for posting this. Craig must be proud and he should be! It's a beautiful piece!

Glad you enjoyed Roy!! I'll try to get those other pics soon. Craig is a very humble guy, but, I am sure he is quite proud. He has done an amazing job, almost singlehandly. Think Juli's brother gave him a hand, bending the strips (which is pretty darn hard to do yourself)

Incredible!! It looks like it is in showroom condition. :clapping::thumbsup_anim::worthy: Very nice to see Craig's labour of love, thanks for posting Frank. Which model is it?

It's an 18 fter Will. I think it is the Nipissing...I'm sure Bernie could correct me if I'm wrong.

To everyone else, glad you enjoyed! Anyone that fishes down at Long Point next spring keep your eyes open, more than likely you will see it cruising the bay.

Edited by FRANKIE65