Another Grand Question

HyperActive

Been thinking about going down to the Niagara area to do some shore fishing this weekend. After reading a different post it made me realize the river maybe pretty wild and dangerous to fish from shore.

If that is true I think I may try the Grand for the second time. Last time I was out I threw Rapalas out for a couple hours or four with no luck at all. Then I threw worms out hoping to catch anything, only to realize the same fate.

I was underneath the bridge near the main street.

It was an awesome rainy day and just awesome being out there but I am wondering if someone will tell me if I am wasting my time using Rapelas there or not and possibly a better way to fish the Grand?

ON A SIDE NOTE!!!

I still haven't found the owner of the tackle box I found the first time on the Grand but I used to work at a high school and they had an after school fishing club. If it is still going I will donate the box to the kids.

oh yeah, what are you fishing for, and where? I have fished a few areas of the southern grand.

I was fishing for bass using cranks and I didn't venture too far from the bridge closest to Binbrook.

I was going to go to the falls using cranks but with having no knowledge as to the population of bass I didn't want to look like a tool bag taking up a spot and using lures for fish that may not exist there.

Maybe this w/e I will swallow any pride I have left and will start at the falls and put a day in following the river.

How are you fishing your worms HyperActive? I like to use a slip float because it aids in casting and lets me hit more runs on the big river, plus I can make quick adjustments for varying depths.

Plastics work great too. Retrieving a twister tail grub or plastic shad on a light 1/8th ounce jig head will keep your presentation above the rocks and weeds and should get you into a few.

Keep at it and good luck!

Thanks to all for the great tips and suggestions guys,

I am going to learn how to rig my worms a bit better and take out the bait that was mentioned once the water lowers a bit.

It will be hard to put my cranks away sooner then I normally would but I guess that is part of the learning.

Thank you once again it is appreciated,

Edited by HyperActive