a little early but...

peter23

hey guys looking to continue on with the tradition on finding an ice fising place to stay for 2 days with mydad. we have tried nipissing for walleye and pike many times and want to try somewhere different. we are looking for:

mainly walleye, as well as other species

4 or less hour drive from toronto/ bolton

nice lodge or resort with good food

ice hut rentals OR a short walk to the spots because we have our own huts

just wonering if you guys could reccommend any places. maybein the parry sound or sudbury area? or aywere else?

sorry i edted thispost, if everyonewas cnfused wth the replies tha is because i asked for a laker and whitie spot, but i fis simcoe alot so its kinda spointless speding 2 days at a lake for lake trout

thanks.

Peter.

Edited by muskiemainiac

hey guys looking to continue on with the tradition on finding an ice fising place to stay for 2 days with mydad. we have tried nipissing for walleye and pike many times and want to try somewhere different. we are looking for:

a lake with lake trout and whitefish

just wonering if you guys could reccommend any places. maybein the parry sound or sudbury area? or aywere else?

thanks.

Peter.

It's finding the location that will offer you what Nipissing does in regards to accommodations and huts. There are some resorts in the Minden area that have rooms/cottages and a short walk to your hut. There are slots on Lakers and you can only use one rod through the ice on those lakes though. Lake Bernard south of Nipissing is said to be okay, don't know if there are packages offered on that lake though.

Check Minden and Haliburton

There are operators on Boshkung, Mountain and Kashawigamog who offer hut and accomodation packages. I believe there is on Koshlong as well.

I used one of the huts on Boshkung before for an afternoon - they were old, but heated and serviceable. Was a few years back but in 4 hours we caught a small laker and missed 2 "fish" either whities or lakers. We went with Buttermilk Falls (we actually were just going to fish-but lack of parking and time we got a good deal to go out for 4 hours via snowmobile)

Cheers

Gordy

mainly walleye, as well as other species

sorry i edted thispost, if everyonewas cnfused wth the replies tha is because i asked for a laker and whitie spot, but i fis simcoe alot so its kinda spointless speding 2 days at a lake for lake trout

thanks.

Peter.

Have you thought about the Bay of Quinte? Great walleye, some really good sized ones, plus perch, crappie and pike. Much less than 3 hours from Bolton. I have a friend who has stayed at Baycrest Lodge and really liked it.

Edited by whiskywizard

Def make the drive to Quinte if your schedule allows it....

But do yourself a favour and focus on Walleye. It's a world class Walleye fishery and by far the best chance at landing a true trophy (well over 10lbs) plus tons of 2-5lb "eaters" as well.

Mind you, while Walleye fishing, you're likely to hit some Jumbo perch, and the odd other species as well, but 95% of people go to Quinte for the chance at a MONSTER walleye. Def worth it if you land that fish of a lifetime!