Water levels this summer

captpierre

Pulled my boat from the cottage mid-August and still had trouble getting it on the trailer at the public launch. From what I hear there are some boats trapped on the lake, some in the mud, need some more rain too help them out. This year has been the lowest I've seen on that lake ever, hate to say but I think a good winter snowfall will be needed...

Down a good 6ft here on the Rainy River, and held that way almost all summer.

It's normally high in the spring (it was this year too), then it drops drastically, then goes back up, then down, then way up in the fall before freeze up.

Right now were at a 2.5ft average where it should be about 8ft average. If it stays this low, freeze up should be quick, but I'll be looking for new icefishing spots for sure.

Oh, and because it has held this low for so long, water visibility is almost the clearest I've ever seen it

Edited by manitoubass2

in the past 12 years the lake my folks live on has seen 'beach' two times in those years and this year was one of them the last time was 12 years ago. they have a stone wall that has water hitting it all season but not this year.

All the lakes I fished this summer were down at least a foot , we also have a cottage just east of Wasaga and I have never seen the water

levels this low in G-Bay . I can now walk out to some rocks that I "use" to catch smallmouths from 35 years ago without even getting wet and

some of my old smallie rocks are 20 feet high and dry :(

One of the benefits of being on one of the Trent Severn lakes is fairly consistent levels all season long, usually to the detriment of the surrounding watersheds, especially in a dry year as this one was.

One of the benefits of being on one of the Trent Severn lakes is fairly consistent levels all season long, usually to the detriment of the surrounding watersheds, especially in a dry year as this one was.

Ya.

I feel guilty that our cottage lake (Pigeon) is so stable, at the expense of folks in Haliburton.

If Huron/GB get much lower, I'll be able to drive from Meaford to Owen Sound along the shoreline. It's just nuts how much it's gone down. Where we used to go for a wash in the summer by some 7' high boulders, they are now dry. That's a lot of water gone somewhere.