Caledonia Hunters & Anglers Association Walleye Derby Results

Fish Farmer

What a great first year Walleye derby for the Caledonia Hunters & Anglers Association. They had 38 entrants that fished the derby. Weather was great, river was perfect. Anyone that has never tried fishing the river should give it a try. I had 2 newbies with me that had never fished the river before, now they have a different thought about the river, wanting to do it again.

Special thanks to all that helped out. OH and the burgers and dogs were great. :thumbsup_anim:

First place went to Dave Steeves with a 2.11 Lb. Walleye.

Second Place went to Craig Marsh with a 2.07 Lb. Walleye.

Third Place went to Dan Farrar with a 1.11 Lb. Walleye.

Dave left accepting his prize from derby organizer Glenn Moncrieffe

2-1.jpg

Left to right, Dave, Craig, Dan.

3-1.jpg

This was Dave's fishing partners AL & Harvey left&right

1-1.jpg

Nothing like blowing your own horn, but winning doesn't come that often. :blush:

Edited by Fish Farmer

Good stuff Dave. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Roy. Being Glenn's first year running a derby he did alright, but he's going to make a few changes. One thing he made some money for the kids derby next year :good:

That's awesome Dave :thumbsup_anim::worthy: Congrats on the win :clapping: I'm assuming here you kept the walleye :dunno: Ummmmm fish fry :good: I foresee a hot pan in your future with patatoes and sauteed vegetables :whistling:B)

Congrats again :clapping:

Thanks Jacque, that river is just a catch and release fishery for me. The water there Jacque is not like water in your area, the river water is pretty dirty. But I know a few people that do eat the fish from the Grand River.

Thanks Jacque, that river is just a catch and release fishery for me. The water there Jacque is not like water in your area, the river water is pretty dirty. But I know a few people that do eat the fish from the Grand River.

I made that mistake this year. I got one right after opener above the dunnville dam. I figured what the heck and tried it. Man was it gross haha. It tasted nothing like a Lake Erie walleye or northern walleye.

I won't take another thats forsure haha.

Edited by Live2fish85