This goby has shoulders

Cudz

If the gobies are getting bigger it makes me wonder what would happen if they started eating larger and larger forage. Maybe a sharp decline in minnows in the great lakes and Simcoe. That might effect the health of juvenile sport species. However larger gobies would make for larger mature sport fish. I hope we do not get into a situation where there are a few years of really large, near record size bass and then the population implodes.

I also hope that the Musky start eating them on Simcoe. That could help control the population. I would love for that restoration project to be successful, as I imagine massive muskies could be produced in that lake.

If the gobies are getting bigger it makes me wonder what would happen if they started eating larger and larger forage. Maybe a sharp decline in minnows in the great lakes and Simcoe. That might effect the health of juvenile sport species. However larger gobies would make for larger mature sport fish. I hope we do not get into a situation where there are a few years of really large, near record size bass and then the population implodes.

I also hope that the Musky start eating them on Simcoe. That could help control the population. I would love for that restoration project to be successful, as I imagine massive muskies could be produced in that lake.

They already have started decimating bass spawn nest and eating there eggs as well as walleye eggs in the kawartha lakes

like you said hopefully the musky make them there number one meal source that might put a small dent into the goby population however

because there like little bunnies and they reproduce so fast that i think if something doesn't get done soon we will loose a major part of our fishery to

these small yet very dangerous guests.

I have caught some large ones this year as well BOQ area. I was wondering if maybe the warmer season had something to do with it? One was much larger (maybe 1 1/2 times) than the one in the picture I was pretty shocked when I pulled it out. I could have sworn I had a nice bass on too!!