Fins, Feathers, Friend, Father, Son, Shore, Boat report

limeyangler

Hi All,

Aint been out nearly as much as usual this past month....wife lost her job, got recalled...interviews, lost our full-time sitter.....windows and doors to fix...etc....etc...etc.

Finally got some days in this week.

FIRST EVENING JACK AND ME WENT SHORE FISHING UP THE ROAD WHILE MUM WAS DOING NIGHT SHIFT

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg

WE GOT 2 SMALLER ONES AND HAD A NICE SUPPER TOGETHER, HE IS A GREAT HELPER AND LOVES GUTTING THE FISH.

IMG_2941.jpg

NEXT EVENING MUM WAS WORKING AGAIN SO WE TRIED FROM SHORE IN FRONT OF THE HOUSE

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

DID NOT CATCH A THING.....BUT IT WAS GREAT FUN ANYWAY. WE WATCHED THE SUN GO DOWN TOGETHER AND ROASTED SOME MARSHMALLOWS TO EASE THE SKUNKY FEELING

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER MY BUDDY AND ME HEADED OUT FOR WALLEYE, PICKED OFF A FEW BIRDS ON THE WAY IN.

IMG_2943.jpg

WAS A BEAUTIFUL FALL DAY, COMPLETE WITH BLUSTERY WINDS AND SHOWERS, BUT MAINLY SUNNY.

IMG_2945.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg

THE FISH WERE DEFINITELY HUNGRY......BUT SMALL

IMG_2953.jpg

BUT WE GOT SOME NICE KEEPER SIZE AND A COUPLE OF 25"ERS+

IMG_2972.jpg

NEXT AFTERNOON WHILE MUM AND JACK NAPPED I SNUCK OUT LOCALLY TO SEE IF THE TROUT WERE PLAYING......THEY WERE.

IMG_2974.jpg

ALSO MANAGED 2 30"ER WALLEYE

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

WATCHED ANOTHER AWESOME SUNSET AS I STRAPPED THE BOAT TO THE TRAILER ON THE WAY OUT.

IMG_2986.jpg

SOME VIDEO OF THE ADVENTURES

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YrDIszNcvgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JW8IGoGUAo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish all came from 30' - 48' FOW on both days out in the boat on 2 different lakes.

Jigs and minnows (mostly 4 - 6" suckers/dace minnows) were the bait and tackle, straight jigging the presentation, good use of electronics helped locate them.

1st day was blustery wind and rain, next day was mostly sunny....wind was average 10kmh both days. Water temps were mid 50s at the surface.

tight lines all! :canadian:

Thanks for the replies lads and ladettes!

The way my day (and yesterday) have been going, this report is just what I needed. Thanks Simon! Great pics and videos as per usual. Being a non hunter and having no idea how to clean a bird, it was cool to see the cleaning up of that one.

My pleasure!

I'm not a hunter either (yet)so that,that was the first time I've seen that too!

Hey Simon:

Wondered where you'd been! Sorry to hear about the other half's income crunch, sure does hurt when that happens. Awesome shots of Jack and some real brute walters there.

Thanks man, she got a casual position yesterday and heard from a friend that another employer was checking her references already after yesterday's interview .

Awesome report, fish, pics and videos Simon :thumbsup_anim: Sorry to hear about your wife's set back... never fun to get recalled :( The cleaning of the bird is exactly how I do it too B) Quick & easy :thumbsup_anim:

Great job on those enormous wallys :clapping::worthy:

Thanks as always for taking the time to share your adventures with us!

Jacques