B1 Today

darsky

overcast,showers,and high winds and that's the better news. Day 2 will be rain,higher winds AND cold front. Me thinks fish will be deep and weights will be low. I can't imagine doing the long run west against the 35+ kph wind and waves.Looking forward to today's results.

What?????

It's beautiful out today....

Sunny

Bluebird skys

And reasonable wind

I guess that means I can go out and not be bothered...

20k wind gusting to 40k in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Quebec according to environment canada

I guess safety first... That's good that the organizers are on the ball for safety...

Just surprised....

Maybe in the future they can launch in a more protected area then if it's nice hit the open water... And if it's nasty they are already in the protection of the islands...

But it's hard for anywhere to handle 150 boats launching...

Especially in Valleyfield. I have fished there a number of times this summer, and west winds of 20K produce huge waves and very difficlt launching where they held the event.Its one long stretch of water from Lancaster to Valleyfield with nothing to slow down the wind.

I've never been in a bass boat before.... Kinda figured they could handle some heavy weather.... They are 18-22 feet long with plenty of power...

They're not made like yours Mike. They'll stay afloat in bad weather, the problem is trying to stand up to cast (and stay standing).

I remember the 1st November OFC g2g we had at Quinte a few years ago and it was extremely rough, but the only boat that was swamped was a big bass boat. They sunk that boat down in the water all the way to the gunnels and the 3 guys aboard were up to their knees in water.

Some guys say their OK for rough waters, but when it gets nasty out, I'll take a deep-V anyday.

I remember the 1st November OFC g2g we had at Quinte a few years ago and it was extremely rough, but the only boat that was swamped was a big bass boat. They sunk that boat down in the water all the way to the gunnels and the 3 guys aboard were up to their knees in water.

Some guys say their OK for rough waters, but when it gets nasty out, I'll take a deep-V anyday.

Driver makes all the difference.

it is nice to see the organizers put the safety of its anglers first.

Totally disagree, I fish in all kinds of weather including severe chop. Never felt like I was going overboard and I stand all day. It comes down to knowing what your doing, what's going on around you, always wearing a life vest and not being stupid on the water. Fish like weather and so do I. I was out a few weeks ago with wind gusts to 35 mph and felt completely safe. Mind you I own a Ranger so that might be why :-)

They're not made like yours Mike. They'll stay afloat in bad weather, the problem is trying to stand up to cast (and stay standing).

" I was out a few weeks ago with wind gusts to 35 mph and felt completely safe."

Just curious-were you out fishing on L ST Francis on this particular day? Do you know that you can die out on Francis ? I know someone personally who fishes that lake out of a 21.5 ft RANGER and will not think about making the run from Vallyfield to Lancaster or anywhere west of that under the conditions that you brag about going out in. You must be Superman in a boat.Not the first time I have heard this.

Totally disagree, I fish in all kinds of weather including severe chop. Never felt like I was going overboard and I stand all day. It comes down to knowing what your doing, what's going on around you, always wearing a life vest and not being stupid on the water. Fish like weather and so do I. I was out a few weeks ago with wind gusts to 35 mph and felt completely safe. Mind you I own a Ranger so that might be why :-)

I think most people have never actually seen a Ranger BB out of water.Most assume its a flat bottom fishing platform.

Your Ranger has a very pronounced V shaped hull which gives it incredible stability on the water.That and the width of the boat make it very comforable in choppy water.

edited to add

Wouldnt want to have it on Franny in 35mph winds out in the open though.The Franny is a whole different ball game for sure.

Edited by mercman