Octoberfest in Kitchener

Lunker777

Hey everyone

October 12-13-14 weekend we are throwing a bachelor party for friend. I'm the best man.... we were going to pull the trigger and head to Chicago for the weekend. but we can't seem to gather everyone up due to $$$.

So it turns out Oktoberfest is that weekend and we were thinking that might be a good time . Head down for the day and then hit up some bars at night haha

Would it be the type of event for a bachelor party ?

We don't want to do the typical drunk fest/strip bar night....

Been to the real Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. It isn't cheap, but it truly is the ultimate experience every man needs to have at some point in his life. No exceptions! Just Google 'Oktoberfest photos' to see why.

By the way, the name comes from its German origins, where 'October' is spelled 'Oktober.' So it was probably named that way by drunk Germans.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

I remember going several times; Only remember leaving a few.:sarcasm: But I was much younger then. It is expensive and it is a beer and sausage celebration - so plan (and dress) accordingly. Take a bunch of freinds and its a lot of fun (the first few times anyway). If you are from out of town - book a hotel. Take a cab to the event that way the only way home is to cab or walk. The alternative is a different accomodation for the evening, which from the papers appears to be quite full.

I went to UW and spent a number of nights at the high school down the street (WLU). Lots to do but you do need to get tickets asap if you are going to do this. THere are several big event areas, best to choose one. You basically go to one event each night. Don't try to do more.