I am looking for some gear

Skipper D

what about rack n reel? Not sure if they have anything that big but you could always try. Come to think of it, last I heard (a few months back) Penny was selling it so not sure if its still rack r reel. Maybe its a place where you can give your poodle a pedicure now.

you never know .... lol i'll check any ways to make sure , thanks Rizz O .........

Skip there's a couple different ways to accomplish what you want - Sinclair is right about calm waters vs. the Larry (remember what we talked about in the boat).

You should be looking more to the under 1 oz. I can show you a couple ideas...

Michael

Grab me a few of each then Micheal 1 , 2 , and 3's

Edited by Skipper " D "

How deep skip? I know you learned some tricks from Mike, but that was in current.

1oz is a lot for still waters.

well i know how to go after the suspended ones , i'd like to try to get down for the ones on the bottom , i read there are others here on the board that are having good luck with bottom bouncing , how many feet down .. 20 to 30 fow .....

Here's something for you to consider, Skip. When it comes to walleye/pickerel, most folks want the bottom fish and we all understand that but you should remember that the bottom ones are the inactive ones. The suspended fish are the ones on the hunt....they are the active fish. Bottom bouncing doesn't mean that you're fishing on the bottom. It means that you're controlling the depth of your bait in relation to the weight. Sinkers don't work well and will snag whenever they have the chance. Use bottom bouncers such as these.

http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/catalogue-index/catalogue-items/bottom_bouncers.htm

They'll save you from snags and you can have as much line from the bouncer to the bait....positioning the bait in the strike zone .

Here's something for you to consider, Skip. When it comes to walleye/pickerel, most folks want the bottom fish and we all understand that but you should remember that the bottom ones are the inactive ones. The suspended fish are the ones on the hunt....they are the active fish. Bottom bouncing doesn't mean that you're fishing on the bottom. It means that you're controlling the depth of your bait in relation to the weight. Sinkers don't work well and will snag whenever they have the chance. Use bottom bouncers such as these.

http://www.luremakin...om_bouncers.htm

They'll save you from snags and you can have as much line from the bouncer to the bait....positioning the bait in the strike zone .

I agree Roy , ther's many things to consider if you don't want to go home empty handed so i am learning , i still have yet to catch one of those fish on my own .... maybe this weekend . Thanks for the link , lot's of good info there to consider , and based in Ont too i see .

I have to disagree with Roy....I catch a LOT of walleyes, and big ones dragging bottom on Lake Erie.....but these are residentional fish that are working the bottom for bugs, etc..... not roamers chasing schools of bait fish...so it all depends on what fish you are targeting....

But anyway's, I pour my own sinkers but NEVER use anything that large and I'm fishing up to 60' for walleyes......most times I drifting on the bottom with 5/8 oz bait walker sinker 3-3.5' ahead of a #4 Colorado bladed worm harness...this is my go to combo for Lake Erie Walleyes.....if the wind is really blowing I go to a 3/4 oz bait walker sinker....many times if the wind is gentle I go to a 1/2 oz sinker....you don't need a lot of weight in still waters to get down deep for walleyes....of course I'm only using 8# test mono line.

I have to disagree with Roy....I catch a LOT of walleyes, and big ones dragging bottom on Lake Erie.....but these are residentional fish that are working the bottom for bugs, etc..... not roamers chasing schools of bait fish...so it all depends on what fish you are targeting....

But anyway's, I pour my own sinkers but NEVER use anything that large and I'm fishing up to 60' for walleyes......most times I drifting on the bottom with 5/8 oz bait walker sinker 3-3.5' ahead of a #4 Colorado bladed worm harness...this is my go to combo for Lake Erie Walleyes.....if the wind is really blowing I go to a 3/4 oz bait walker sinker....many times if the wind is gentle I go to a 1/2 oz sinker....you don't need a lot of weight in still waters to get down deep for walleyes....of course I'm only using 8# test mono line.

I believe Roy knows all about that redneck style of fishing on your side of the lake , but did'nt feel the need to inform me as he knows i live on this side of the lake and where we fish a completely differant style more in the way the french canadian.gif do ...........................rofl2.gifrofl2.gif

I believe Roy knows all about that redneck style of fishing on your side of the lake , but did'nt feel the need to inform me as he knows i live on this side of the lake and where we fish a completely differant style more in the way the french canadian.gif do ...........................rofl2.gifrofl2.gif

Is that like French kissing a fish......... :whistling: ... :rofl2:

I believe I can catch more walleyes then you and Roy put togeter in any given day....... :whistling: ....and the bet is COLD Canadian BEER.....you GIRLS on... :whistling:

Hey skipper I fish Erie Alot. I use 1 1/2 oz bottom bouncers up to 30 depth. If deeper I go to 2 oz. Roy I have to disagree as well, I've caught lottsa walleye in 25 fow,trolling & we get the ones that are hugging the bottom. I've never had good luck targetting suspended walleye. Just my opinion but the proof is in the freezer!! LOL

Is that like French kissing a fish......... whistling.gif ... rofl2.gif

I believe I can catch more walleyes then you and Roy put togeter in any given day....... whistling.gif ....and the bet is COLD Canadian BEER.....you GIRLS on... whistling.gif

I believe seeing you BBgun french kissing a fish for Cold Canadian Beer would turn us girls on ... smile.gif