A couple of days at Lakair

motv8tr

I went up to Lakair for a couple of days and took my best friend and her two boys, their first fishing trip. It was really nice to see Joey, Paul,Roy, J, Joe, Art, Lew and Dianne, their daughter Sherry, it was also nice to meet Joey's son Al and Roy's son Phil.

The weather was pretty good for Wed and Thurs, Fri, it was overcast for a good part of the day, then it rained from 4pm and didn't stop until early morning Sat. Unfortunately as a result I couldn't take the boys out fishing before we left, so I will try to get them out one more time this season.

They had an awesome time, and I really enjoyed watching their reactions to everything they saw and did....as they say pictures say a thousand words, so I'll let them tell the rest for me :)

Home away from home

4218499e.jpg

Legolas's Castle

774f0fad.jpg

Ralphie

4c494216.jpg

Size does matter :) This is Roy's motor

0a168a4b.jpg

Wow!

41d1c8fd.jpg

First ride in the boat

87c7a7c5.jpg

First ride ever in a Bass Boat

1cb15461.jpg

Marvin watching over the boys

014f01c0.jpg

Kaelebs first Pike, caught off the dock :)

04b9b962.jpg

What it's all about

e895e3e9.jpg

Loon

0097e152.jpg

I would like to thank everyone for helping to make this such a memorable trip for the boys, especially Art for taking them out for a ride on your boat, and Joey for letting Kaeleb try his first fresh fish....they will be talking about this trip for a long long time, and are already asking when they can go back :)

I will post a few more photos a little later on

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Great photos and trip report Moe. Was nice to see you again and meet your friend, her sons and the dog. We are home now and I'm just uploading the pics for a report :thumbsup_anim:

I figured you got home before me as you passed us as we got back on the highway after a stop at Tim Hortons in Parry Sound, and that was after a stop at the Moose Lake trading post...lol

Glad you made it safely home

Maureen

I figured you got home before me as you passed us as we got back on the highway after a stop at Tim Hortons in Parry Sound, and that was after a stop at the Moose Lake trading post...lol

Glad you made it safely home

Maureen

Ha ha ha. MooseLake is one of my "Required" stops each time we come up

Good to hear you and your friend had a nice time up there, I trust everyone liked staying in the wall tent ? Also can't beat hitting pike off the dock, that must have been cool for him. :thumbsup_anim:

Ha ha ha. MooseLake is one of my "Required" stops each time we come up

I always just motor past that place but if you and Maureen give it the thumbs up, well I guess I know where I'll be pulling over next time !

Edited by woodenboater

The tent was good, except for the sqeaky door, I kept waking everyone up in the morning as I am an early riser....they are not :P

We stopped at both French River Trading Post and Moose Lake, more for my friend than me, I'm not a shopper. Her boys sure were happy leaving there though, they somehow managed to find something at both places...imagine :) If you like fudge though, there's good stuff to be found at Moose Lake ;)

Thanks again for the excellent dinner Thursday and the great company. Just so you know the dog was I-I close to getting a new home South of the border. :whistling:

Art and Joe

Great report Mo...

good to hear your steak and shrimp dinner turned out well...