Casting lsc for muskie

Djeep

Following a morning storm this past Sunday, a friend and I went out to Lake St Clair to cast for muskie. Knowing very well that conditions weren't the best, post front with a good gust on the lake, we went ahead anyway to make the most of the weekend. Our quest for monster skis far outweighed the less then stellar conditions.

Once out on the main lake, the winds were high and I questioned continuing the journey.

The waves were manageable, so on we went out towards the deeper drink which in this oversized puddle can mean quite the run.

During the run we established long drifts were necessary with the present conditions. Upon arrival of the destination, a nice weedbed in 11 ft, I figured the mixed up water

conditions called for a big, bright and loud lure. Perfect time for the mag dawg.

As we began casting, the speed of our drift seemed to approach trolling speed, as we quickly were into less than 8 ft of water.

A few cranks into a bomb cast, and my dawg was abruptely t-boned by what felt to be a Mac truck.

Heres a clip of the whole event.

www.YouTube.com/Theontarioangler

After about 3 minutes of reviving in the harsh waves she was off with a thrash of the tail and dove down soon after.

We measured the fish in the water with a paddle, the length was 48". This was the only fish of the day as I missed a follow from a smaller fish soon after.

I've had this boat out of comission for the majority of the summer due to outboard trouble. The new to me Johnson really paid off cause there's no way I could of fished those winds in my dads small tinner. Very rewarding to fix up the old motor and put it to use!

Thanks for reading and watching, any and all comments appreciated!

Edited by Djeep