When I'm fishing I'm antisocial!

hotsky

I hate it when other races and cultures horn in on my fishing spots. I only let Irish, English, Scottish, and Germans fish near me. Oh yeah, and the odd Swede. I don't mind Asians either. Oh and Portuguese and Italians are welcome. I like Guyanese too, they are allowed. No Lithuanians though. And absolutely nobody from Bahrain. Nobody from Minnesota either. Those are my rules. They seem reasonable to me. Those Minnesotans drive me nuts.

Hahaha, it really is ridiculous how racist/prejudiced many people still are these days.

when you get tired of sharing your shore fishing spots you go out and get a boat so you can find your own spots and have some privacy. Then you drive 16 miles out into the middle of some lake and some guys pulls up and anchors beside you. :dunno:

pack mentality or something. there is no such thing as 'your spot' or 'their spot' unfortunately. they are all everybody's spots.

i have a feeling if i threw a line out of the boat trailering on the 401, two guys towing boats would pull up beside me and start fishing.

Edited by smally21

I also forgot to mention that I will not fish with, around, or near anyone from Medicine Hat, Alberta. I have a buddy from there and although he is a great guy, I just hate fishing with him as he is always yapping. I have to assume the rest of them are the same. I am sorry if you are from Medicine Hat and are different but I just can't afford to take any chances. So add Medicine Hat to my list of people I won't fish with. Drink beer sure, fish with no way!

Its funny you would say that Grimace because I have a rule in my boat the i will ONLY fish with people from Medicine Hat.

I was tempted to allow a guy on board from another part of Alberta but decided not to take any chances and sent him overboard with his tackle box.

I don't know about you guys but when I'm fishing I want to be alone (unless I come with someone I know). I HATE it when I'm fishing and someone walks up and starts fishing close to me. At Mountsberg for some reason when someone else comes in they always decide to pick a spot no more than 15 meters from me wallbash.gif Why?? And it's not like they're being friendly and start chatting up.

Today takes the cake; I went to Grand River just outside of Caledonia, because last time I hated fishing at the dam for that very reason. Parked the car and started walking down the trail to find a nice empty spot, most of spots were empty; saw some people what looked like camping, then found a spot that was deep enough for my liking (I fished at another spot before that). After I started at the second spot two guys come on my spot, hardly speak English than leave, I'm thinking good! Then they some back with all their crap! Like what there's no another spot close by?!. First one sets up 2 rods I'm thinking must be setting up hit buddies rod too, than other guy walks up with 2 more rods! Now I'm pissed; poachers! I wasn't afraid of them, but didn't want to say anything because their response could've pushed me over the edge, it was getting dark so I packed up and left.

I like to fish because it's relaxing and I want to get some alone time, it's not just me is it??

I would have called crime stoppers. I can't stand stuff like that and people like that need to be punished.

I usually like fishing by myself. The exception is a close buddy or my grandfather. This weekend I was fishing with my grandfather quite a bit out of the paddle boat and he was telling me stories of working on the railroad, becoming a postman and when he was a boy. I always enjoy those stories....... then my rod went for a swim and we almost sunk the boat due to the heavy rain...... Was still fun though.

Unless I'm with my sons, I'd rather fish alone. A lot of my fishing is fly fishing the trout streams of northern lower Michigan....that is much preferred as a solitary sport unless you are sharing a guide boat. Wading is definitely solitary. I take 3-5 trips to Canada a year....most to the French River. I take my sons when they can go, but my September/October trips are usually solo. I much enjoy these....no hurry, no worry about whether others are having a good time, etc. I especially enjoy the solo evenings.....a couple glasses of wine, a good book, and just contemplating life as the sky goes to dark. Love these times.

AS for other boaters, I've had words with idiots on occasion who blast into a bay I'm casting, and start flinging less than 100 yards away. Fishing etiquette has gone by the boards. One nice thing about being over 60....you don't give a hoot about what you say to idiots.