Weekend Report

Rod Caster

Yes, the weekend is not over yet. But I'm sunbaked and vacuuming was supposed to get done yesterday whistling.gif

The wife-to-be and I visited Nipissing on Friday night and enjoyed a fantastic sunset on calm waters. We pulled in a couple walleye, but the fishing was slow overall.

IMG-20120727-00381.jpg

IMG-20120727-00380.jpg

IMG-20120727-00374.jpg

Yesterday, my brother was in a canoe race so my father and I met up with him at the designated portage and gave him a few peanut butter sandwiches, which he slammed down before heading across Talon Lake.

IMG-20120728-00405.jpg

IMG-20120728-00407.jpg

After the race, Dad and I launched the canoe and trolling motor on a nearby lake looking for whatever would bite in the mid-day sun. I've fished this lake many times, caught a couple big pike on it, but in general, this lake just teases me with huge bites and missed fish! This time I found a shoreline filled with big smallies and largies. We managed 6 fish in our short trip. Most around 3.5-4lbs (guessing). Dad kept three for din-din.

dadandchadBass.jpg

Last night, in redemption of the slow Nipissing outing on Friday, me and fiance travelled north to a hotspot for walleye. As is always the case, the setting sun triggers the walleye big time! Sarah was first up with a good fish followed by a barrage of non-stop action. We kept 6 to fill our limit and got a few pictures of the nicer ones.

She bought some "Simon-pink" fish handling gloves, but she keeps forgetting them. This time I convinced her to hold it for a photo.... thumbsup_anim.gif I think she did very well.

IMG-20120728-00408.jpg

IMG-20120728-00409.jpg

IMG-20120728-00410.jpg

IMG-20120728-00414.jpg

Thanks for stopping in.

:rofl2: I've never threatened to take out their eyes before, going to have to keep that one file for future fishing trips. :D Great report Chad.

Haha The way Joey catches fish out of my canoe, he gets a lot of threats.laugh.gif

To round out the weekend, we were catching walleye in 5 feet of water....mid day, full sun!cool.gif horrible photo i know. Recognize this one, Joey?

IMG-20120729-00419.jpg

Nice report Chad.

Maybe I missed a few of your previous posts...When did you pick up the Minkota for the Sportspal?

A bit of a funny story...

When I bought the canoe, it came with an old MotorGuide Circa 1988. I never really got to use it, because I never bothered picking up a good battery. Well, this year I go all out and buy a Quaker State Deep Cycle, ready to rock! First trip out and ZAP, there goes my motorwallbash.gifOff to CT, spend $150 and I'm into a MinnKota haha. So far so good...I've never been so lazy and I'm loving it!!