Lake Ontario Report (maybe a graphic photo??)

Pikeslayer

Geez. Maybe we should open a new forum for these types of incidents? They don't seem to be that uncommon. Most of my fishing is done barbless. Something that you guys might want to consider??

Dang Bill .... I'm not squeamish but that one under the fingernail just makes my hair stand on end. That's majorly nasty.

Muskie fishing tomorrow .... sure hope I can avoid renewing my membership in this club. I have enough scars on my fingers as it is.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Ouch :o Every single spoon on my boat has a single stainless Siwash on it, less tangles in the box and net, most fish can be released boatside and a 66 % less chance of impaling oneself. Big thing I find less long distance releases midway through bringing it in. Only disadvantage is you sometimes brain or put an eye out on a shaker.

Get yourself a set of Knipex cutters Simon, you can easily cut any sized hook with one hand.

Kinda spendy but well worth the $$$$ when your hung up with a thrashing fish on the other end of the lure and you need to get free in a hurry.

Good advice. I'll have set on board before the next outing

X2

You did it twice Terry?

Geez, Slayer, that's a nasty one. No way to push the hook through, and a good heavy hook too. That's going to smart for a few days.

Actually, I have to take the rest of the week off Whisky.

Nice hook set Simon.

Sure was Tybo

Ouch :o Every single spoon on my boat has a single stainless Siwash on it, less tangles in the box and net, most fish can be released boatside and a 66 % less chance of impaling oneself. Big thing I find less long distance releases midway through bringing it in. Only disadvantage is you sometimes brain or put an eye out on a shaker.

wouldn't of made a difference Dave. Just a dumb :asshat: mistake on my part.

The happy ending..

P1000624.jpg

You guys are doing it ALL WRONG.... Here is the best way to remove a hook in someone.......you can thank me later...

Bob

I forgot all about that BB, thanks for posting! Had me and the kids hooting and hollering for a few minutes, hahaha clapping.gif

We were having a family outing on Porters inlet this weekend and you guys wouldn't believe where my son ALMOST hooked himself with a 5" Rapala subwalk!!! First hour of the trip too, man am I glad he didnt actually get hooked, cause I'm sure it woulda required surgery and caused some mental issues... (for both of us)

Edited by manitoubass2