New Outdoor Adventure/Fishing Show

solopaddler

First off, thank's to TJ, Roy, and rest of the mod's for allowing me to post this!

Many of you are already aware of our project, but for those of you who aren't, my partner and I

have been busy the last little while creating a new outdoor adventure series for network television.

We've kind of been in a bubble while doing this with pretty much all the feedback we've had up to this point

being decidedly biased.

Please take the time to have a look at our website (my signature at the bottom of the post). It's not completely

finished yet, but it's close, and will definitely give you a good idea of what the show's all about. The "episodes"

link is probably the most informative.

If you guys have any thoughts, ideas or criticism, whether it's positive or negative, please speak up! We'd really

love to know what you think.

Finally, I'd just like to say that this certainly wasn't anything that I pursued. In fact I kind of feel like Forest

Gump, as it just seemed to happen out of the blue! :D

At the moment we've got 2 filming dates scheduled, one in May, and another in June. Some sponsorship already, and some serious interest from a couple of networks which will ultimately depend on how much they like our pilot

show.

So nothing is etched in stone or guaranteed. At the moment it's just a dream..... :)

Very much looking forward to what you guys have to say!

cheers, Mike

Hey Mike,

First, congrats. The site looks great and if your show is anything like your reports and pics it will be a huge success.

I guess the only non budget part of some of your shows is actually getting there. i.e. Alaska, Hudson bay etc. Fun concept for a show though. A lot of people will appreciate this type of fishing show compared to the 'norm'.

Have you considered having the episodes available on-line, like Getting Hooked with Aaron and Barry? I think that's a great idea, esp considering how big video is becoming on the internet. You can watch a LOT of shows online now. Just a thought.

Cheers,

Ben.

Edited by trapshooter

it looks awesome and the concept is great...not your standard fishing show...I am really surprised that no-one has done something like this yet. I get the feeling it is a cross between 'Man vs. Wild' and 'Newfoundland Outdoorsman' ...some serious backwoods expeditions for fish...either way I clicked on the link in an earlier thread and checked it out...it makes me want to watch it right now!!!! I think it will work and the audience will be there for sure...can't wait to see it. Speaking of which where and when will the pilot be available????

Brkygetr

Simply awesome Mike.....I wish you the best of luck.....If you need anything just let me know.

Jason

Thank's Jason...pretty sure it was you who new what our plans were first...

You're definitely a kindred spirit that's for sure!

brkygetr: as far as where and when the pilot will be available, the only thing I CAN guarantee is we'll have it on our website for viewing sometime in June.

Like I said, at this point the whole thing is still just a dream. We'll definitely get either a yes or no from the networks we're dealing with in early June as well. Only then will it (hopefully) be a reality.

Don't any of you guys have any criticism? Come on, it can't be all that good! :D Tell us what you think should be changed or tweaked!

Cheers, Mike

Don't any of you guys have any criticism? Come on, it can't be all that good! :D Tell us what you think should be changed or tweaked!

Cheers, Mike

Mike,

When I went to your website at the offce, it wasn't working well...the menu across the top flashed for a second and then disappeared so I couldn't click on any links...

I'm on my office computer....using Windows XP Professional. Browser is IE version 6.0.

I did however look at it at home about a week ago...and I have to say I'm pretty impressed! Your reports do a great job at capturing the essence of an entire trip...and not just the fishing. I can only imagine how great a TV show would be...I'd be watching it for sure!!

Good luck...and hope see a few episodes this year!

Cliff

A forum and email your questions are kind of redundant. You may save yourselves from answering the same questions over and over through email if you have a q&a area in the forums...

Good luck with the pilot, it will be the deciding factor to get your show on the air :)

Cheers,

Tony

A forum and email your questions are kind of redundant. You may save yourselves from answering the same questions over and over through email if you have a q&a area in the forums...

Good luck with the pilot, it will be the deciding factor to get your show on the air :)

Cheers,

Tony

Yeah, that kind of confirms what I was thinking too....thank's for the feedback Tony.

Hi Mike,

Hope all works out. One thing I did notice is that there does not seem to many episodes devoted to much bass or muskie fishing? I know there are a lot of shows already out there featuring bass fishing but there has to be reason for it demographic wise. Good luck as some of those trips look amazing!!

Cheers,

1leg

Hi Mike,

Hope all works out. One thing I did notice is that there does not seem to many episodes devoted to much bass or muskie fishing? I know there are a lot of shows already out there featuring bass fishing but there has to be reason for it demographic wise. Good luck as some of those trips look amazing!!

Cheers,

1leg

Actually, the theme for the show was thoroughly researched before it was chosen. The fact that fishing isn't even in the name of the show is very telling.

After looking at which shows in general have the highest ratings on networks like OLN, and how the vast majority of purely fishing shows are being handled by said networks, the direction to head in was clear...

If I had to describe the show, it's primarily an outdoor adventure show with a slant towards fishing. Definitely not a show devoted purely to fishing.

In fact, some of the episodes may have no fishing at all....

As far as bass fishing goes, in the list of upcoming episodes one of the destinations is Quetico Park. Probably the best Smallmouth Bass fishing in N. America in my opinion. We'll be targeting them for sure! ;)

This is an amazing concept for a show.

It reminds me of someone I know who heads into Algonquin's North every Spring. He and his friend essentially take long distance paddling expeditions while scheduling in time to hit killer fishing holes along the way. I'd like to go with them next year. In general, I find the fish behaviour a lot different in the back country. Be sure to provide details on the airing of the pilot. We can all tune and and write letters of support!

Best of luck...Guidedog

Now that's a show I would watch.

Fishin and some adventure stuff. Also I would put some focus on the getting there and the gear. And for gear I mean the stuff like canoes/tents ATV's and stuff you rigged up on your own.

Not everyone fishes tourneys in a $50,000 bass boat every weekend. Not that there is anything wrong with that OK.

This concept has some variety and allows you to mix it and let the viewers see places they can get to on their own.

The video online and the podcast definite musts and will help you to promote the show as well also I could watch them at work haha ha.

I can't wait to see the APP episode.

Good Luck

Also I would put some focus on the getting there and the gear. And for gear I mean the stuff like canoes/tents ATV's and stuff you rigged up on your own.

Nemo, that is exactly what we'll be doing, showing the entire journey from start to finish.

Also a definite slant towards education as far gear, rigging, clothing etc.

Thank's for the input appreciate it!

And that goes for everyone else as well!