Anyone Fishing LO This Friday???

Pikeslayer

wallbash.gifwallbash.gif yeah been watching this too Pikeslayerwallbash.gifwallbash.gif Friday was the day the Limey was to get his Lake O introduction. I took the day off work to welcome the man to the South and some big water fish Doesn't look like that will be happening.sad.gif

Not out there Roy with windd that higher the lake will be rough all over the Canada side.

THey have changed since though, nothing great but lets hope it changes again soon.

Sorry that is for us on the South side atleast.

Edited by Live2fish85

wallbash.gifwallbash.gif yeah been watching this too Pikeslayerwallbash.gifwallbash.gif Friday was the day the Limey was to get his Lake O introduction. I took the day off work to welcome the man to the South and some big water fish Doesn't look like that will be happening.sad.gif

You could still give Simon his introduction but make sure you bring a bucket on board :stretcher: . Would make for an interesting Limey report.

Winds are out of the NE Friday. In round numbers, Hamilton 25K, Toronto 20K and Whitby 15K. Would launching farther east help at all?

Unfortunately Roy, the 'Ontario East Buoy' forecast/data looks no better. The winds have already shifted to easterlies here this morning and if the Sailflow forecast holds (and they're pretty darn accurate historically) with sustained easterlies through Saturday, we are in for some major 'fetch' winds/waves. Might be Sunday until the lake settles down.

An FYI for those who might not be 'in the know'. Roy's numbers above are in knots (K). 1 K = 1.852 km/h.

Here's some info on 'fetch' winds/waves: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetch_%28geography%29

Wussy Canucks.......you are either fish or cut bait on shore..... :whistling: ......... :rofl2::devil:

Here's a site I use for Lake Erie and you can drag it over to Lake Ontario...you can get the wave report for that exact area in the lake by just clicking the cursor there....it really works only for USA waters but will direct you to a Canadian site if you click on your side of either lake....but I think it's best to just click on the USA side...try it, you might like it.....

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=42.71170507522794&lon=-79.07272338867188&site=buf&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=marine

Now go catch a nice big salmon...... :) ....doesn't look too bad for Sat/Sun

Unfortunately Roy, the 'Ontario East Buoy' forecast/data looks no better. The winds have already shifted to easterlies here this morning and if the Sailflow forecast holds (and they're pretty darn accurate historically) with sustained easterlies through Saturday, we are in for some major 'fetch' winds/waves. Might be Sunday until the lake settles down.

Agree 100% Simon. I rely on Sailflow's numbers. They are more accurate than any other forecaster produces.

That forecast would keep me in Whitby harbour, or at the least, limited to running downwind quartering seas only. Dalhousie or 50 Point would be a pleasant destination. Cobourg or Rochester - not so much!

Agree 100% Simon. I rely on Sailflow's numbers. They are more accurate than any other forecaster produces.

That forecast would keep me in Whitby harbour, or at the least, limited to running downwind quartering seas only. Dalhousie or 50 Point would be a pleasant destination. Cobourg or Rochester - not so much!

I am heading for safe haven on Sturgeon Lake on Saturday :whistling:

Don't look too pleasant at 50 Point

http://www.fpyc.ca/webcam/default.php

I'm 1 street off the lake here and can see it from the end of my drive, not good and building.

Edited by dave524

Buoy readings: http://www.erh.noaa.gov/buf/marine.htm

Lake Ontario text forecast: http://www.crh.noaa....GLF&issuedby=LO

THIS AFTERNOON...EAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHEAST.WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET..

TONIGHT...NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING EAST 15 TO25 KNOTS. WAVES BUILDING TO 4 TO 6 FEET..

FRIDAY...EAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 10 TO20 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 4 TO 6 FEET SUBSIDING TO3 TO 5 FEET..

FRIDAY NIGHT...EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS DIMINISHING TO 10 KNOTSOR LESS. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 TO 3 FEET..

SATURDAY...EAST WINDS 10 KNOTS OR LESS BECOMING SOUTH. WAVES2 FEET OR LESS.

Saturday does not look too bad.

Edited by funfishing

The worst part of this forecast is it will probably break up that nice thermoclime that is set up in about 100 feet of water and scatter the salmon..... :wallbash:

The salmon are everywhere. Guys catching them in 80 down 40 or out in 250 down 120.. No bang on patterns this year, that's for sure (At least in the north end of the lake)

The salmon are everywhere. Guys catching them in 80 down 40 or out in 250 down 120.. No bang on patterns this year, that's for sure (At least in the north end of the lake)

Lets just wait for the cold front to blow through and see.......it's that stable weather we have had for the last few weeks that set up a nice thermoclime.....it if blows hard and that breaks up, all bets are off on where to find any salmon.

Lets just wait for the cold front to blow through and see.......it's that stable weather we have had for the last few weeks that set up a nice thermoclime.....it if blows hard and that breaks up, all bets are off on where to find any salmon.

Yep. Got to agree with Bob. There is defined thermocline as of about 2 weeks ago and the salmon have found their preferred temp zones. All the big boys & girls are hitting between 42 & 46 F during daylight hours. That said, they will move into warmer water to feed @ dawn & dusk.

This big blow will definitely scatter them for a few days until the TC settles back in.

Slayer

You got it Pikeslayer - lake will be a mess and they will be scattered all over and the usual patterns likely wont produce.

Limey called today and I had to give him the bad news sad.gif . Sounds like the visit has been less than hoped for as well.

He is however heading to the Fish-a-thon (if everything works out) so all those in attendance will doubtless give him a warm welcome to SW Ontario. Please welcome him for me - unfortunately I cant attend (again) this year.

Frankie65 - $20 buck as per usual, and another $20 bucks for you or Juli - whoever catches the biggest.

Live update from my balcony:

stay home!

Heavy swell I'd guess around 3 ft and a good chop

A few whitecaps but they are all the way out as far as I can see

Only 2 big sail boats on the water right now @ 6:30pm

Be there tomorrow - give the lake a day to recover and the west winds a chance to get some cooler water back to our side of the lake.

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/glcfs.php?lake=o&ext=wv&type=F&hr=18

the above link is pretty cool as well - click through the hours across the top to see wave heights over the next couple days.