Limerick Lake

Harrison

There's a sweet deal to be had you see

First dibs on place with bedrooms three

Is fishing there any good?

Would you buy if you could?

Please share your experince there with me

I was just offered a sweet deal and I'm researching it for my family who is thinking of going north. . I fished there years ago, but forget much of the expereince. I do remember having to launch at the Marina. Is there other launches? Is it a busy lake?

Anyone have any bad experiences there?

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by Harrison

I've fished there a few times, Phil.

Real nice lake, never seemed too busy (mind you I'm used to the traffic on Buckhorn). Most of the cottages are water access only. Did well for smallies and lotsa big rockbass. Lake trout in the lake too from what I understand though have never targeted them.

Plenty big for a cottage lake with access to Mephisto and St Ola lakes as well.

We launched (and camped once) at Limerick Lake Lodge (Martin's Landing), I think there is a ramp and marina in St Ola as well.

Hey, if it means all your posts will be in the form of a Limerick then I'm all for it! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for all the replies and PMs on this

Sure hate to hesitate on the swing and miss

Place for my Mom's the plan

I'll simply be a yard man

Thanks again all and Mike as per your wish

:)

decent fishing lake with easy access to the rest of the bancroft district when the bug to try a different lake bites.

as far as i remember there is the launch at the marina one at the bottom of st ola lake and a rather rough on on mephisto. usually there is one clubby tournament a year there and there is a canoe route through there go for it nice area

We are such a talented bunch of boys and girls:clapping: :clapping:

Thats the great thing about this site

You post a question and get a bite

I did the same a while back

Got some great info without any flack

Thanks to all, to keep my lines tight

decent fishing lake with easy access to the rest of the bancroft district when the bug to try a different lake bites.

as far as i remember there is the launch at the marina one at the bottom of st ola lake and a rather rough on on mephisto. usually there is one clubby tournament a year there and there is a canoe route through there go for it nice area

That's a great point I forgot to ask ecmilley

I like that fact there is options near me

As sometimes we must go

To new places we not know

So the wife and kiddies can not find thee

Edited by Harrison

If you love bass fishing, you'll be in heaven. Tons of classic smallie and largie structure, with real big fish. The laker numbers are way, way down, as most of the lakes in the area are. I've never seen more than a small handful of boats at a time on the lake. I've always enjoyed my time there :thumbsup_anim:

There once was a man who sold lures,

Who thought Limerick was great for fish tours.

We don't really know,

If he bought there but so,

We're hoping it's all fish pics and Coors!

tease.gif Good luck!

WINNER!!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

A man from mount hope,

once did restore a Bass boat,

Limerick Lake was its' hope

to fill the the live well so it would slope.

:dunno: :dunno:

I was there bout 3 weeks ago. launched out of limerick lake lodge marina on the west side of the lake. Everywhere you go is submerged timber so watch your props. LOTS of bass (including rock bass). Apparently deepest part of the lake is about 90-100 feet.

There once was a poster named Solo,

why he changed to Mike we don't knowlo,

But from Paddler to Mike

Kelly said "I no like",

Now we'll see who's head's gonna rollo.

Edited by tooski

I've fished there but not for a number of years now. Also launched at Limerick Lake Lodge. I agree .... lots of timber with not much weed although there was some cabbage weed near the marina that held some really good largemouth. Killed them on a topwater one day in wicked fog ..... so thick that I didn't want to chance driving in it so I just put the trolling motor right at the marina and cruised out from there.

Also had some luck in Dark Lake which in connected to Limerick at the north end. Water is (was?) somewhat stained but there was a number of blowdowns that held fish.