Lake ontario report

trevy727

I guess it's time to post a report since I haven't for quite a while. (and also just figuring out how to post from mobile)

We got a new boat this year and are now addicted to Lake Ontario since its so close and full of fish.

Been out a bunch of times an decided to enter the derby.

So far our biggest fish are 2 at 30 lbs. not quite big enough for a prize but very exciting to catch.

I'll let the pics do the talking.

e6cd9854.jpg

aca5fe47.jpg

b091ee39.jpg

b5155fc8.jpg

a67fec47.jpg

cf4a3af8.jpg

Nope, I'm not keeping all to eat. I have kept a few small shakers but none from this report. Too big for me.

Ifyou are throwing them back for others to catch, then Its not a great idea to hang them from thier jaw.... They more than likely wont survive. Big fish that are going to be released should be held horizontally with their body weight supported. The boca grip will work, just slide your other hand under the belly. Just a friendly word of advise... Great fish!

Can you share more details:

1. Time of day

2. Where you had launch?

3. wind forecast for the day

4. type of lures.

5. How deep were your presentation

6. Is it easier to troll during spring, or summer or fall?

7. How does one know how far from shore does one have to go?

THanks. I have been wanting to try trolling for salmon, might have to do it soon!

Can you share more details:

1. Time of day

2. Where you had launch?

3. wind forecast for the day

4. type of lures.

5. How deep were your presentation

6. Is it easier to troll during spring, or summer or fall?

7. How does one know how far from shore does one have to go?

THanks. I have been wanting to try trolling for salmon, might have to do it soon!

I'm sorry but, lol!!!!

If you want detailed Lake O reports, check out spoonpullers.com

Ifyou are throwing them back for others to catch, then Its not a great idea to hang them from thier jaw.... They more than likely wont survive. Big fish that are going to be released should be held horizontally with their body weight supported. The boca grip will work, just slide your other hand under the belly. Just a friendly word of advise... Great fish!

I appreciate the advice and I have had a couple unwanted fatalities that were the reason for buying the boca grip tool. I had netted fish, brought them into the boat, unhooked, taken a pic and then tried to release to find that they just won't swim away. Now with the boca, I don't even take the fish out of the water until my wife is ready with the camera. I unhook them in the net boat side, grip their lip, lift for picture, revive and release. I've had a much higher success rate this way then before the grip. Maybe it's still not perfect but I will keep trying to get better at handling and releasing these fish.

You can do that the same way minus holding them for a period of time like in the pictures. Do the same hold just support the belly so that they aren't hanging by there lip.

Regarldess some nice fish.

Edited by Live2fish85