Tilley Hats

SlowPoke

I ordered a Tilley from their website, paid full price and opted for express shipping... $105.66

This is very unlike me but I couldn't find THIS hat in MY SIZE anywhere!

I've tried on several other Tilley's and found the size I needed... 7 3/4

Mine comes in the mail and it's to small.

Customer service was very friendly and said to ship the hat back... $11.50

New hat comes quickly and it fits great BUT a couple of defects. I called customer service and again, very pleased to accept return and send out a new one. I said that's great but I've already returned one at my expense and I don't feel that I should foot the return shipping charges for a hat with defects. She agreed and said to use the return shipping label and I will only be charged if its not to be considered a defect. (no worries there, its pretty obvious).

I can't find the return label!!

It seems they only include a return label on US shipments but she said that I would be reimbursed.

Am I just too picky?

The bucket is turned on the brim by 3/4" and there is a permanent pucker on the lid where it meets the mesh.

Not too picky at all.

I have problems with hat size, myself.

Went to several retail places and finally went to Novacks.

Found an Austrailian Outback that fit perfect. It's a waxed cotton and not anywhere near that price.

Seems to me, you bought a Stetson and I got a Smithbilt. Hahaha

Never heard of Novack's until now.

I doubt they or CAA will be interested in exchanging product for a sale they did not make. I'm sure I'd have better luck at a Tilley Corp. store though.

I don't mind dealing with Tilley directly, they've been fast and friendly. Just a little bad luck.

I was gonna buy an indiana jones hat to wear fishing this year, but. When I tried one on I realized I would need a whip to complete the look, and my tournament partner refuses to scream "Da plane Boss da plane" every time I hook a fish.

Edited by jedimaster

do they still have the bear in the window of Novaks?....just saying that name brings back smells...i got my very first swiss army knife there when i was 10....saved my allowance for three weeks...lost it the second day i had it ...

:wallbash:

do they still have the bear in the window of Novaks?....just saying that name brings back smells...i got my very first swiss army knife there when i was 10....saved my allowance for three weeks...lost it the second day i had it ...

:wallbash:

Allowance? When did this come about?

Allowance? When did this come about?

You missed the boat on this one Roy, kids started getting an allowance right after the invention of the horseless carriage and around the same time as the popularized phrase "Father, can I have a few dollars and a ride to the trading post?"

The tilley store is right near where I work, if you want to ship it to me in toronto, I could exchange it for you in store if you want, maybe call them frist. Its the one on don mills.

Sorry, I missed this post. Thanks for the offer but there's no need to put you out. I'll send it back and slip a note in there to thoroughly check the replacement.

Is there a way to wear a perfect Tilley on ones head as not to create any puckers once it's in place ?????

The pucker is the lesser of the two issues. The bucket is sewn on crooked so it either doesn't fit right and the brim looks okay or it fits right and I look like a punk wearing their hat sideways.

They should be able to send you a shipping label, or you ship it back and they credit you for the cost. LL Bean does it this way.

They don't provide shipping labels on Canadian orders and will be refunding the postage.

btw - Sail also carries them

Been there. They have a bunch but not in my style and size.

So Brian, how much was the hat itself?

I've been thinking of getting one of those from their Toronto store for quite some time...

And yes you haven't been picky enough.,...if you were...you would have gotten a free new hat :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

The hat was $82 + Tax + Shipping

I know, I know... free hat.

I'm going to warn Alex Tilley that you're thinking of buying one.