Pflueger Presidential spinning reel

icefisherman

I see the Pflueger Presidential spinning reel on sale this week at CT for $49.99 ($30 off). It is a great reel and I already have one but maybe getting a second one. Can't remember what was the price last time. So wanted to ask you if the $49.99 is a good one compared to past CT sales?

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

If you do a quick Ebay search you will find this sale price compares to the regular price in the US...throw on $6.50 in tax to balance out shipping. Works out to an okay deal, plus if something does go wrong with it CT, for the most part, is quick and easy to deal with.

Still one of the best bangs for under $100.

Was in the Pembroke store this morning at 10:00am and they didnt have any in stock. The supervisor told me they only had one and it was already sold. He told me he could do a rain check for me and asked if there was anything else he could help me with. I told him I just drove 20 miles to pick up the reel and some other fishing gear but I think I will take my business some place else.

Why do these idiots advertise something and then when you go there they don't have the goods? I was going to call first because this has happenend to me many times before, but since it is fishing week and all i figured they would be stalked up. :wallbash:

Was in the Pembroke store this morning at 10:00am and they didnt have any in stock. The supervisor told me they only had one and it was already sold. He told me he could do a rain check for me and asked if there was anything else he could help me with. I told him I just drove 20 miles to pick up the reel and some other fishing gear but I think I will take my business some place else.

Why do these idiots advertise something and then when you go there they don't have the goods? I was going to call first because this has happenend to me many times before, but since it is fishing week and all i figured they would be stalked up. :wallbash:

This happens all the time with Canadian Tire. Last week, I wanted a life vest that was on sale. They did not have it in the Chicoutimi store yet it said they had one in the inventory. I called the store a few days later and talked with the manager and told him that they should have stock on hand when there are sales. He then told me that the stores sells only about 4 of the expensive type inflateable flotation devices per year. I said that this is normal because I have only seen the cheaper 120 dollar one since the beginning of the year and that they should have them on display in the spring when fishermen are shopping instead of mid-summer when the weekend fishermen are out buying cheap stuff for a few days of fishing. Right now, even the choices in coolers is limited.

I live in the middle of the best brook trout fishing in the world and I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to Quebec city to get decent hooks, Panther Martins, 4 lb test line etc etc. Only a couple of independantly owned boutiques sell decent small spinning reels for trout fishing. Nobody sells premium quality fishing line. Sure I can get Power Pro, Fireline, Berkley XL and XT but if I want premium quality line, I have to order some from Europe. So I order my hooks from there too. Of course, sales of premium quality items is close to zero....you can't sell what you don't have. Therefore, most fishermen accept second or third best.

This happens all the time with Canadian Tire. Last week, I wanted a life vest that was on sale. They did not have it in the Chicoutimi store yet it said they had one in the inventory. I called the store a few days later and talked with the manager and told him that they should have stock on hand when there are sales. He then told me that the stores sells only about 4 of the expensive type inflateable flotation devices per year. I said that this is normal because I have only seen the cheaper 120 dollar one since the beginning of the year and that they should have them on display in the spring when fishermen are shopping instead of mid-summer when the weekend fishermen are out buying cheap stuff for a few days of fishing. Right now, even the choices in coolers is limited.

I live in the middle of the best brook trout fishing in the world and I have to drive 2 1/2 hours to Quebec city to get decent hooks, Panther Martins, 4 lb test line etc etc. Only a couple of independantly owned boutiques sell decent small spinning reels for trout fishing. Nobody sells premium quality fishing line. Sure I can get Power Pro, Fireline, Berkley XL and XT but if I want premium quality line, I have to order some from Europe. So I order my hooks from there too. Of course, sales of premium quality items is close to zero....you can't sell what you don't have. Therefore, most fishermen accept second or third best.

One Word...........

CABELA'S

One Word...........

CABELA'S

Cabela's has stuff but ships via UPS to Canada which doubles the price of goods. Nobody in his right mind in Canada will order from Cabela's.

Tackle warehouse... Ordered 700 dollars of gear. Paid 48 bucks in taxes. Got my package the next day. Not every method of ups kills you. Shipping was dirt cheap

Back to the topic, I bought my dad this reel years ago. No problems to this day. Was 70 when i purchased it

Edited by danbob

Best reel I've ever owned. Match that with a 5'6 Lite ugly stick and I have my go to combo. Highly reccomended here.

Now I just picked up a Rapala R-type and am trying to decide between a 6' Browning Medalion or a 5'2 St. Croix..... legend i think it is. The cheapest St. Croix model. Both medium of course.

Great reel, especially for that price...........SMOOTH with those 9 ball bearings..... :thumbsup_anim:

Billy B it's 10 not 9 :whistling:

I received a late birthday gift certificate yesterday for CT and this morning, decided to pick one up.... NICE reel B) good quality and smooth :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for posting this thread Emill :clapping: Got mine for $30 :) Now can't wait to try it :D

Cabela's has stuff but ships via UPS to Canada which doubles the price of goods. Nobody in his right mind in Canada will order from Cabela's.

I believe Musky Mike orders from Cabela's all the time....I think he knows his way around the UPS shipping expense...but Mike's a veteran angler with these kind of things..... :whistling:

Billy B it's 10 not 9 :whistling:

I received a late birthday gift certificate yesterday for CT and this morning, decided to pick one up.... NICE reel B) good quality and smooth :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for posting this thread Emill :clapping: Got mine for $30 :) Now can't wait to try it :D

I stand corrected.........and that's even BETTER..... :thumbsup_anim:

I stand corrected.........and that's even BETTER..... :thumbsup_anim:

No you don't. It has 9 as you stated.

President

9 stainless steel ball bearings (6920 has 7 ball bearings)

Instant anti-reverse one-way clutch bearing

Anodized aluminum spool with distinctive hole pattern for lighter weight

Titanium coated spool lip for added line protection

Large diameter titanium coated line roller

Smooth front drag system with stainless steel and oiled felt washers

Sure-Click™ bail

Corrosion-resistant stainless steel main shaft and components

Aluminum handle

Soft touch knob

Edited by Grimace

No you don't. It has 9 as you stated.

Well actually it says on their web site that reel has a total of 19 bearings:

http://www.pfluegerfishing.com/products/products.php?p=12

9 stainless steel ball bearings AND One Instant anti-reverse one-way clutch bearing

If you look right under the picture it says "10 bearing system" Not that it makes that much of a difference... :rolleyes:

Anyhow it is a very good reel....having a second one should last me for a while...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

If you can find stock, that's a good price for one of the best bang-for-your-buck spinning reels reels out there.

I agree but if don't find stock take the darn rain check and grab one when they come in. I am not a big fan of CTC but in the small town I work in, the local owner will honor rain checks basically forever as a good will gesture. For that reason even if I have to order an item any dollar I spend at CTC gets spent in his store. I all but refuse to shop in the store in my hometown.... too many burnt bridges, so I might buy 10 bucks worth of hooks there a year.

Also, remember CTC will allow you to have a "hint" if they might have one by checking for stock availability online. I have never missed getting any item using that feature if it says it is there it has been...

I agree but if don't find stock take the darn rain check and grab one when they come in. I am not a big fan of CTC but in the small town I work in, the local owner will honor rain checks basically forever as a good will gesture. For that reason even if I have to order an item any dollar I spend at CTC gets spent in his store. I all but refuse to shop in the store in my hometown.... too many burnt bridges, so I might buy 10 bucks worth of hooks there a year.

Also, remember CTC will allow you to have a "hint" if they might have one by checking for stock availability online. I have never missed getting any item using that feature if it says it is there it has been...

CTC on Mapleview in Barrie had lots today.

Kerry