How do I clean this up ?

Lunker777

Hey guys ... I was out perch fishing today and I had a lot of noise/clutter on the screen. I was fishing anywhere from 5 to 30 fow and the image was pretty well the same . I tried adjusting the angle on the transducer and it improved the clutter , but only while moving !

Is this an issue with the angle of transducer? Will I have to either have a clear iimage while moving and a clustered image while fishing or is there a way to get best of both worlds ?

6580eae9.jpg

I also turned off auto sensitivity and set it @ 60% .... It's set to shallow water also ! Which helped the image a bit

It probably is your transducer placement. I hope not. Make sure there are no rivets ,strakes or anything inb front of it. Clean water flow usaully eliminates alot of surface clutter. make sur your transducer is 1/8th to 1/4 inch below the centerline of it , below the true bottom of your boat. use a ruler or other straight edge. if you have already done this then use the shallow water clutter option to claean it up.

I hope this helps.

darren

For what it is worth....

I had a similar issue with my Eagle FF. My issue was the pins on the back of the FF where bent and not all were making proper contact when I plugged in the cable. After noticing and some adjustments, my issue went away (until the pins bent again - cheap/poor design). Best of luck. Hopefully you issue is not a big or difficult one to resolve.

It probably is your transducer placement. I hope not. Make sure there are no rivets ,strakes or anything inb front of it. Clean water flow usaully eliminates alot of surface clutter. make sur your transducer is 1/8th to 1/4 inch below the centerline of it , below the true bottom of your boat. use a ruler or other straight edge. if you have already done this then use the shallow water clutter option to claean it up.

I hope this helps.

darren

I installed the ducer as to Lowrance directions. I lined the center line of the transducer with the bottom edge of the boat with a straight edge. and I made sure to mount the ducer level as well. I think it just has to do with settings. I have to turn the sensitivity down as well !

Oh ya, and I mounted it in a spot where the water flow "should" be clear and smooth. no rivets, strakes

Edited by Lunker777

You really should go on the Lowrance website and download the user manual for your unit. I have an HDS 8 and a 7 and found the information valuable. In fact, I printed the manuals out and put them in a binder which I still read through and pick up tips. The HDS series are fantastic units but they're are not "one click" units and weren't designed to be. I still plug mine in at home, turn off the tranducer and experiment with the settings, organize waypoints, etc. just to get more familiar with it. For instance, in your picture you posted you have that amplitude scale down the right side of the screen. I, like many peole, found it of no use and turned it off gaining more screen space.

Here is a really good forum on the HDS units. i am blown away with all it can do.

I installed my HDS-8 2 weeks ago and LOVE it. I found a tire in 85 feet of water in Boshkung lake and could tell it was a whitewall!

http://continuouswav...TML/002784.html

Its funny the amplitude scale was mentioned. When I am on Lake O its all i look at, kinda like the Matrix!!LOL

Edited by bucktail