Port Credit July 6 AM

Decided to take advantage of the calm day and take the kids to out back yard...lake O. that is...they haven't been out with me for salmon lately as their newest hobby is perch now[8D]

Started at 6am after stop at Tim Hortons...not many boats were launched ahead of us....good as we wanted to avoid the zoo that will be tomorrow for the start of the salmon derby...

dropped lines at 100 fow....super cold....it was in the low 40-s down 25 feet....the deeper we went the warmer water got...number of bows wanted to play first couple hours...just 2 cohos but bigger than average....by 9am we were in 250 fow and the big boys came out...one broke the tip of my medium heavy Daiwa dipsy rod...and another broke my 40 lbs fluoro leader behind the wire dipsy and took away flasher and fly....expensive trip for sure as I stopped at Short Wave on the way back and spent $60 for flasher.flies replacement and new spool of Seaguar 50 pbs leader material...will try to fix the tip of the rod though it'll be few inches shorter...

My team went for 3 hrs sleep recovery mode while I had couple double headers and one quadruple....a bit of a challenge managing all rods net and cell phone camera....so most pictures were in the water as I wanted to release the fish sooner rather than later for better chance of survival in this super hot weather...Boys took turn on the rods and are doing much better after several years of on the job training ha ha ha[:)]

Spoons and flies all worked with flies bringing bigger fish...25-55 feet down...21/27 final score for the morning.

We were lucky first couple hours in the morning sky was all clouds...left by 11am with recharged teammates all smiles....

Few shots from the day:

WP_000252.jpg

WP_000251.jpg

WP_000254.jpg

WP_000255.jpg

WP_000256.jpg

WP_000258.jpg

WP_000261.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Sure is...I've kept it as it had a deformed mouth and got nailed deep...not many cohos today...usually we get lots of them....just couple today...

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Cool, I wonder why there isn't a stronger run of them when I hear so many reports of guys catching them out in the lake. I guess only certain tribs get a solid coho run, or some of those might be destined for American tribs.

What happened, the numbers are a little lower than usual?

Great shot of the boys sleeping and the last shot holding the fish.

Water is warmer west and 150fow is a playground but bigguns are in 240+

hahaha yes you are right not the 35+ last few times but not bad concidering I moved a bit away from my stomping ground....not to worry I'll improve the numbers shortly ;-)

This has really been one of the best fishing on lake O. I've seen...

And yes the key for the big ones is deeper....and flies....

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman